Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Scared to test

(44 Posts)
BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 13-Jan-18 18:12:31

This is our 6th cycle TTC and finally this month I've had a lot of convincing symptoms including cramping (which I normally never get), exhaustion and very sore breasts amongst many others. AF, who has only ever been late once by 1 day, is due today and hasn't shown up yet which is unusual as she normally arrives in the morning.

Anyway, of course my hopes are rising by the hour. I'm trying to psych myself up to test in the morning if still no AF but I'm so scared of a BFN. I have a clear blue early response and I mentioned to DP I will use it in the morning but he said I should wait a bit longer before testing as it's too soon. Surely a test would be pretty accurate the day after missed AF? The not knowing is killing me but I'm so nervous. Think I just need to put my big girl pants on and do it. I'm being ridiculous aren't I?

hoopdeloop Sat 13-Jan-18 18:16:28

Not being ridiculous at all. It’s hard when you are TTC and the tests come back negative or AF shows up. Definitely do it with your FMU, don’t waste a test in the evening at this early stage. Fingers crossed for a BFP

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 13-Jan-18 18:22:00

Thank you @hoopdeloop

I feel so emotional about it. Not sure if it's a good sign or the stress or TTC has finally caught up with me.

I'll wait until morning and bite the bullet.

Peanutty86 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:25:51

Fingers crossed for you!

hoopdeloop Sat 13-Jan-18 18:26:28

flowers it is an emotional time, especially when symtom spotting and the signs look positive. Eat some chocolate and get a good nights sleep!

Owlpatrol Sat 13-Jan-18 19:17:02

I know what you mean I'm like that too. What I did last month is get up collect my fmu then waited 20 mins to see if af came then tested xx

FlawlessFuckup Sat 13-Jan-18 20:03:48

Good luck OP!!

babyitscoldoutsideX Sat 13-Jan-18 20:05:48

Good luck 💐

ClaryFray Sat 13-Jan-18 21:04:22

Good luck OP!! Update us.

Cupcakesandlove Sat 13-Jan-18 21:23:16

I completely agree with the emiotnial side of it. We’ve been ttc for a year. I psych myself up every month despite promising myself I won’t I deleted the apps didn’t test for ovulation stayed away from mumsnet it didn’t work. This month was my birthday I was due the day of my birthday and af arrived a day earlier, I was a mess crying over washing up and everything! It’s horrendous. I commend anyone who is sane while doing this for any period of time.
The way I see it is if I know now I can get the disappointment over with instead of getting my hopes up for another day.

PeonyTruffle Sat 13-Jan-18 21:24:00

Good luck op, I have everything crossed for you flowers

Whowhatwhy Sat 13-Jan-18 21:25:12

Best of luck OP. It took us a long time to conceive dd1 so I totally understand how you feel.

MamaL86 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:27:00

I'd try to hold out until the morning. I cracked last month and tested early and then felt awful as I'd stupidly convinced myself I was pregnant. My new plan is to try and wait until I'm at least a couple of days late and pretty confident I'm pregnant so that the test is just confirming it. Whether or not I manage remains to be seen! Sending you lots of positive vibes. It's such a roller-coaster.

BewareOfDragons Sat 13-Jan-18 21:57:40

Good luck. x

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 13-Jan-18 22:22:56

Thanks all! It's good to know I'm not alone going through this and to realise we should forgive ourselves a bit of TTC madness as it's so hard.

I've managed to be quite good at not convincing myself so far until this month. I just seem to have lots of symptoms. And now AF is late too. I just wondered if one day late is still quite early to test. Maybe I should hold out a bit longer? Or is a positive fairly certain to show up one day late?

TeaAndPjs Sat 13-Jan-18 22:29:47

Oh I'd be poas Tomor with fmu if I was you 😊

Mrstobe90 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:41:46

Good luck!! Xx

unicorncow Sat 13-Jan-18 23:01:49

If AF is late already I'd test now! Good luck

wifeymcwifeface1104 Sat 13-Jan-18 23:16:03

Hi,
I've had the same symptoms this month with the cramping and the very sore boobs, and I've been crying at the drop of a hat too, all for the last few days.
I did a FRER yesterday and it was negative (silly really at 8DPO) and today it was a positive! So they sound like good symptoms to me OP!

Good luck for the morning!

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 13-Jan-18 23:24:38

@wifeymcwifeface1104 I've been crying all the time too! At bloody songs on radio. This is not like me at all! Will test with fmu as soon as I get up. Fingers crossed.

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Sat 13-Jan-18 23:26:00

@wifeymcwifeface1104 and congratulations on your bfp too!

wifeymcwifeface1104 Sat 13-Jan-18 23:38:15

@biscay thank you! Yes I've been stupidly tearful, like when you say something and you can't get the rest out without crying! I'm looking forward to my next test tomorrow and seeing a darker line!

AmazingGrace16 Sat 13-Jan-18 23:57:24

Fingers crossed!

Darkstar4855 Sun 14-Jan-18 00:28:06

I’ve been testing a couple of days before AF. I found the BFN was hard, I still had a little bit of hope but was more prepared for AF when it came, if that makes sense? As in it kind of let me down more gently than just waiting for AF. But everyone’s different in terms of what works for them. Fingers crossed for you OP.

twotired Sun 14-Jan-18 00:38:33

Everything crossed for you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: