Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Oversaturated preggo test = false BFP??

(13 Posts)
Caimor23 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:33:14

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could pick your brilliant minds, ladies. I'm going a bit crazy here.

I've had a really funky cycle this month. I travelled to the US for three weeks, and thought I missed my ovulation (tests didn't pick up on it), but DH and I dtd around the time I normally ovulate anyways, just in case.

Now, AF is 5 days late, so I took a First Response pregnancy test. I dipped into a cup for about 15 seconds instead of 5 like the directions say (I got a bit overexcited!) and I got a very faint second line by 2 minutes... But I'm worried it's a false positive!

So my question is this: Have any of you ever experienced getting a false BFP after saturating it for too long?

I don't have an image of the test or I'd share, but DH confirmed that he saw the line too and it wasn't just wishful thinking on my part.

We're heading back to Edinburgh from the US today, and I think I might go crazy having to wait to pee on a stick until we land... Or worse, Monday since we land at 7am in Edinburgh and we don't have any tests in our carry on bags!!!

twobambinos Sat 13-Jan-18 15:35:51

There's usually a pharmacy at the airport? You could try there. But I wouldn't think it's a false positive at all.
I know you won't believe it until you see it again but if I was a betting person I'd say congratulations are in order

Sshsecretenclosed Sat 13-Jan-18 15:47:13

Get a test at the airport!! Let's hope it's your bfp!!

Caimor23 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:59:02

That's true, I didn't even think of that! I'll have to try and pick one up during my layover. Fingers crossed...

Caimor23 Sun 14-Jan-18 08:22:22

I didn't get any tests at the airport (couldn't find them anywhere!) So had to until we got home... Just took my second one. Attached a picture. Top is today, bottom is Saturday. Is this for real?!?!

MynewnameisKy Sun 14-Jan-18 08:24:22

Congratulations

iamloading Sun 14-Jan-18 08:26:39

Defo pregnant! Come and join us on the due in sept board!

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 14-Jan-18 08:53:00

Congratulations!!

wifeymcwifeface1104 Sun 14-Jan-18 09:25:58

@iamloading where can I find the September board please?

iamloading Sun 14-Jan-18 09:28:23

It's under antenatal boards, and is on as September 2018. Sorry I can't seem to link on the app

Caimor23 Wed 17-Jan-18 11:05:30

Thank you all! I've actually taken two more tests since I last posted as I just can't believe it...

Notasperfectasallothermners Wed 17-Jan-18 11:07:57

You is def up the duff op!!

FlippingFoal Wed 17-Jan-18 11:12:17

Oversaturation can result in a false negative but not a false positive. Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: