Talk

Advanced search

Fertility app recommendations please

(11 Posts)
seven201 Fri 12-Jan-18 21:34:31

Last time I was ttc I used Ovia, but that was quite a while ago now. Which apps are any good for ttc? Ovia is frustrating as it doesn't allow for anomalies e.g. it thinks my average cycle is much longer than it actually is as I had major surgery a few months ago, so understandably I had a really long cycle that month.

seven201 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:41:40

Anyone?

physicskate Sat 13-Jan-18 12:45:02

That's the thing. Any app will use averages and following a specific logarithm that will NOT be unique to your body.

I am sure there is a way to reset ovia if your cycle has changed significantly.

Some people recommend glow, fertility friend.

MrsMac1489 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:30:06

I use natural cycles app, it costs £30 or £5.99 a month. But I found it most accurate. I take my temperature every morning and the algorithm works out exact ovulation which was always different to Ovia. I also bought some LH dipsticks and tested for ovulation when the app told me too. We had our BFP in December, unfortunately we’ve just gone through a miscarriage, but I’m going to use natural cycles again as soon as we can start TTC. xx

seven201 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:30:12

Thanks both. And sorry to hear about your miscarriage mrsmac thanks

chevrechevre Sun 14-Jan-18 08:39:01

I use Ovia, and I also use Clue.

Clue is less bothered by anomalies than Ovia I think, as I've had two long cycles this year caused by taking the period delay pills and it hasn't affected its predictions.

You do need to customise it, because for months I didn't know it had a setting to track OPKs, and turning that on has made all the difference to my predictions!

Ovia is definitely more fertility and conception focused, which is fine when you're feeling positive about ttc and rubbish when you're not. Clue is pretty neutral about it, no tips and tricks, no poas countdown.

spiderbear Sun 14-Jan-18 08:50:20

I just used a period tracker app .. but try not to get obsessed with it. I did when trying to conceive my first .. I had about 5 different ones on the go. And it all started getting very stressful. It wasn't until I saw a fertility doctor I started to relax and stopped using all the apps .. then I convinced (without the fertility treatment) .. this time I just had a period tracker but I understand my body better and know when I'm ovulating.. this time it only took a couple of times and I've just found out I'm pregnant with twins!
Good luck to you!

seven201 Sun 14-Jan-18 09:18:07

Congratulations spiderbear!!!

I downloaded glow yesterday and it looks really good. There's a section for opk's including the different brands eg you can put in when clearblue shows a surge etc. So think it suits me better than Ovia as I ovulate late on in a cycle so I like to log it each month.

Thanks everyone

toxitears181 Sun 14-Jan-18 12:58:14

Eve and glow are the best apps they tell you your fertile window. Xx

MrsO28 Sun 14-Jan-18 21:54:30

30% off Natural Cycles here x

app.naturalcycles.com/?webSignup=1&refId=805b16d131614f4695b2985ac3d2b062&refCode=referralid30#/reg-reg

NimbleKnitter Mon 15-Jan-18 16:23:44

Fertility friend is the most accurate for ttc - natural cycles had me a day or two out each cycle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now