Talk

Advanced search

MAJOR anxiety after miscarriage

(12 Posts)
Kate8989 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:47:29

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you experienced anxiety after MC? Mine was 8 days ago, bleeding subsided and turned into brown discharge.
Tonight went to the loo and there was a bit of blood, I literally fell to the floor and had a panick attack. I don’t think I can cope with all of this, I think I’m losing my mind x

surreygirl1987 Fri 12-Jan-18 23:14:28

Have experienced a mc or a bfp yet but just wanted to say I'm sorry x

surreygirl1987 Fri 12-Jan-18 23:14:42

I mean haven't!

chocolateorangeowls Fri 12-Jan-18 23:43:45

I haven't experienced anxiety but I have experienced a miscarriage. It gets easier but it takes time. You also go through a million emotions in a very short space of time. I would see your GP about how you are feeling.

Sorry for your loss thanks

mummyjl15 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:31:33

So sorry for your loss l. I totally understand how you feel. I suffered a miscarriage at 6+5 weeks in June which took nearly 7 weeks for me to stop spotting and get a negative HPT. It was torture!
I continued to develop pregnancy symptoms throughout and it took me 2 cycles to get back to normal. I suffered really bad with anxiety. I broke down in tears daily for over a month, I ended up speaking to my doctor about it as it was taking over my life, I couldn’t bare to be around anyone who was pregnant or had a baby.
Unfortunately I’ve just had a second miscarriage at 4+4 weeks but I’ve coped so much better this time around and as it was over in a week we’re starting to TTC again now. Praying for a miracle baby soon!
Seek help from your doctor, I found talking it all through with my GP was a huge help. I spent most of the appointment crying but it made me feel much better after.
Hope you get your BFP soon and a healthy pregnancy smile

PrimeraVez Sat 13-Jan-18 05:21:54

I had a MMC at 10 weeks in May and it was the most distressing thing that has ever happened to me. I cried every day for weeks and alternated between being absolutely desperate to get pregnant again, and being terrified by just the thought of it.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant again and the first trimester was such an anxious time. I felt like I was just holding my breath and waiting for the inevitable to happen. I nearly made myself ill by not drinking enough water so I wouldn’t have to go to the bathroom.

My only advice is to let yourself have time to grieve, don’t feel like you have to minimise it to yourself or to others. It can also really help to find someone who has been through a similar situation. There’s a lot of support on MN and a colleague who had been through a similar situation a while back was a great person to vent to when it felt like no one else understood. It does get easier I promise.

Kate8989 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:01:10

I’m really lucky as have some wonderful people to talk to. But it’s like hearing people’s accounts of what depression feels like. You can be in a room full of people, but feel the loneliest you have ever felt, which Is what I’m experiencing at the moment.
People say, take each day at a time. But I want a baby and that’s all I’m thinking about. I’m also thinking how I’ll be mentally, when we do conceive again.
Oh god for this all to be over!!!!!!! X

SLR1906 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:28:40

@Kate8989 thank you for posting that, it was almost as though i was reading something i wrote myself. I feel super lonely despite having a huge family, nobody i know has been in my shoes having a MC before. I want a baby so badly its all i can think about and even dream about!! TTC is so draining in every aspect x

Kate8989 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:50:47

Congratulations Primeravez! That’s wonderful news and gives me hope for the future.
SLR1906- draining is a very good word to describe this whole process. I’ve gone on a bit of a health kick now (although I’m craving crap!!!!!) so no sugar, caffeine, etc. But I’m thinking I’m capable of making a baby, just not keeping hold of it so will any of this make a difference?!? I think I’m doing it for something “positive” to focus on. I’ve not found any of the miscarriage literature helpful as I don’t relate to it.
It’s very very much an individual journey which is why it’s hard to really relate to anyone. Some women will have tried for ages, some just started, some older, some younger, some already have a child, some don’t!!
There is just no right or wrong answer about how you should feel or move forward with this X

Kate8989 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:53:39

.....and that’s the scariest and loneliest part of this journey X

SLR1906 Mon 15-Jan-18 13:09:09

Hello again @Kate8989 so sorry its taken me a while. Ive had a right shitty weekend, one of DHs friends announced the birth of their baby and i spent most of the weekend crying. I am super happy for them its not that, its just brings back the soreness of what couldve been for us. DH has been super supportive getting me out the house and making sure im fed! What would i do without him i wonder.

Anyway today is the start of a new week and ive ordered concieve plus by the bucket load and hundreds of packets of folic acid tablets ! I am sadly one of those people who struggles with positivity and i am starting to recognise the hole ive slipped into which is all doom and gloom.. i am going to take some time to appreciate what we have as i feel terrible that i dont do it often enough. Thats my response to your positive focus on healthy eating wink lets hope it gets us somewhere ! Sending you wheelbarrows full of baby dust thanks x

Kate8989 Mon 15-Jan-18 17:19:04

Oh bless your heart, of course an event like that would trigger emotion sad, it’s completely understandable.
Your DH sounds just like mine, he’s kept me out the house most of the weekend and fed me. Bless them, one thing this whole ordeal has taught me is I have a pretty phenomenal hubby. So we’re lucky ladies grin

I am right with you there on the conceive plus/folic acid boat! We’re not going to try again until at least next month though, as I still don’t feel right physically and definitely not emotionally !

We will get there!!!!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now