Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

BFN with a FRER. Am I out?

(22 Posts)
lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 15:42:16

AF due on 13th January. I tested with a FRER this afternoon and it is a BFN. I knew I should have waited! Because there's only 2 days until my AF is due, would you say I'm out this month?
Has anyone got a BFN and then got a BFP in this situation?

babylovexo Thu 11-Jan-18 15:45:20

Hi there I'm in the same boat as you at the moment my AF is due tomorrow and I haven't tested yet but a lot of symptoms saying that I could be! You may still be too early to test especially as you did it this afternoon you should use your FMU (first morning urine) for an accurate result. I'd say wait and see if AF comes it's only another couple of days it'll be difficult but you'll do it!! And then test again with FMU only way you'll find out!! Good luck! Xx

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 15:50:10

Hi babylove. What symptoms are you getting if you don't mind me asking?
I'm getting more cm than usual and my boobs are tingling a little bit and they've gone quite dark around the nipple area. But I'm also getting cramps so I'm thinking AF is on her way!

babylovexo Thu 11-Jan-18 15:54:53

@lookingforaline18 my nipples are literally erect 24/7 😂😂 (tmi!!) and are sore too I have a lot of CM like egg white/lotion to the point I've had to change my underwear. I feel very tired keep sleeping through my alarms, and feel very full/not hungry and bloated! I have a lot of cramping though today all through my stomach and down my legs feels like AF but worse!! So god knows what's going on!! X

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 16:01:45

Mine are the same 😂
The cm I'm getting isn't like egg white it's more creamy and lotiony but there's loads of it.
I'm hungry all the time and I usually get like that before my period comes. The cramps I'm getting are quite painful! More than they usually are before AF. My negative result today though makes me think it probably isn't my month.

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 16:04:36

I seem to remember though, when I was pregnant with DS years ago, I tested with a FRER around 4 weeks and got a BFN. Then left it a week and because my period still didn't arrive I tested again at 5 weeks I got a BFP. So maybe it's just my body that doesn't produce enough HCG at around 4 weeks!

emelsie Thu 11-Jan-18 16:57:00

I’m due AF 14th or 15th but with a bfn today I have pretty much considered myself out sad, I know some people say it’s not over til AF but on frer packets it does say on the little stats bit that it detects pregnancy hormone in over 99% of women 4 days before missed period , but then again I am generally a pessimist grin. Good luck xx

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 16:58:41

I'm a pessimist too! 😂 Good luck to you too x

SB2017 Thu 11-Jan-18 17:47:15

AF was due today for me and hasn’t arrived. I tested today but got a bfn! Should I wait and test in a few days time. I don’t want to keep taking pregnancy tests because they aren’t the cheapest things around and I’m getting really upset when it’s negative. I’m only on cycle 1 & haven’t been off the pill long so my cycle might be out of sync but I don’t miss a period! Ever!

MonkeyToucher Thu 11-Jan-18 17:50:07

In my experience you would be getting a positive with a frer so close to af. At 2 days before af I got a really strong line. Everyone’s different though... how many dpo are you?

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 18:12:58

I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated because I used the cheapo sticks rather than the digital one this month and I've never used them before. I found them a bit confusing. I think I ovulated around the 30th because the line was dark but not as dark as the control line.

Brownbear84 Thu 11-Jan-18 18:15:04

I ovulated the 30th too,my test was as dark as the control line so was 100% xx

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 18:24:05

If it isn't as dark as the control line does that mean it's a negative?

Brownbear84 Thu 11-Jan-18 18:32:39

That's right Hun. It has to be darker or as dark xx

lookingforaline18 Thu 11-Jan-18 18:35:24

Ah. Maybe I messed up then with dates. I'm sticking with digital ones from now on. The digital one worked for me with DS.

lookingforaline18 Fri 12-Jan-18 13:46:13

I've just tested today and got a BFP! shock

zooz Fri 12-Jan-18 13:56:04

Congratulations OP! Before I'd read your update I was going to comment that when I was pregnant with DC1, I tested the day before AF and got a BFN. Then the next day, when AF was due, I got a BFP.

I've just tested with a FRER, 5 days before AF (thought it was 4 days when I tested - should have checked my app first!) and got a BFN. I've been so tired, boobs are a bit tingly every now and then and I have increased CM, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

babylovexo Fri 12-Jan-18 14:23:40

@lookingforaline18 ah massive congratulations!! What test did you use may I ask?? My AF was meant to be due today but has decided not to show took a digital this morning says not pregnant but I literally feel as though I have no symptoms that AF is turning up anytime soon! I don't know what to do just whether to wait it out and see if AF shows or test again tomorrow?

lookingforaline18 Fri 12-Jan-18 15:05:40

Hi guys. Thank you. I'm being cautiously happy at the moment. It was with another FRER test. The line showed up within a minute. I was going to wait until Sunday morning but couldn't help myself. I'm still going to test again on Sunday just to make sure. And I'll probably keep on testing 😩
Babylove I'm not having many symptoms you know. I've got loads of cm and I'm bloated and keep getting cramps but that's about it really! My boobs aren't hurting at all.

Sending you both lots of luck and I really hope you both get a BFP soon! smile

emelsie Fri 12-Jan-18 16:24:01

well that’s shows me and my earlier pessimism grin , congrats! X

lookingforaline18 Fri 12-Jan-18 21:47:37

I think my wee might have been too diluted yesterday because I had a massive drink with my dinner about an hour before I tested 🙈 Then when I was bursting for the loo I thought it would be a good idea to do a test.

Brownbear84 Fri 12-Jan-18 22:12:34

@lookingforaline that's fantastic! Congratulations!!!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: