Talk

Advanced search

First Response Tests

(17 Posts)
Wishful30 Wed 10-Jan-18 15:10:02

Hi there,
I'm new on here and wonder if anyone has used a first response test and found a faint line so faint you can only really see it in decent light.
Hubby and I have been ttc for 6 months now.
I'm using OPK's and 2 different fertility apps.
I've logged the same info into both. One says af is due in 4 days the other 6days.
This is the first month the apps have agreed on my ovulation date.
My temp is still just above my cover line and I've had general uterine ache for about 5 days now. Other than being hungry all the time (post Xmas feasting I feel) there are no other signs.

Has anyone ever had a super faint line and re tested a couple of days later to find bfp?

Trying not to get my hopes up 😐

bathandpjs Wed 10-Jan-18 20:48:47

This was mine if it helps?

Wishful30 Wed 10-Jan-18 21:42:53

Hey, yes this is what mine looks like 😱
How long ago did you get your bfp?? Congrats!!! smile

bathandpjs Thu 11-Jan-18 08:56:13

I'm 12 weeks now. This test was about 10/11 days after ovulation. I don't have regular periods so I don't know how long before a missed period it was.

Congratulations thanks

Lovenluck Thu 11-Jan-18 09:19:03

A line is a line OP! If it came up within the specified time and is pink then it’s a BFP! Do you want to post a picture of it?

This was mine at 10dpo, am now 13 weeks.

Lovenluck Thu 11-Jan-18 09:20:20

Oh and you say your temp is above cover line - how many dpo are you? It sounds very likely that you are pregnant to me!

Wishful30 Thu 11-Jan-18 09:36:13

(This is yesterday's and it's not changed at all over night. Looks exactly the same. )
It won't let me post as it a new user 😖

But I stupidly took another this morning and it's totally blank 🤦🏻‍♀️
All temps above cover line and today I'm 11dpo
Tho now very light spotting but brown brown discharge😣

Brownbear84 Thu 11-Jan-18 10:03:48

Sounds like af is on its way hun xx

Lovenluck Thu 11-Jan-18 12:37:11

It’s hard to say to be honest. If it was positive yesterday but not today, I’m sorry to say it could be a chemical pregnancy.

If you continue to have high temps then these cramps and spotting could be implantation. But, I would also expect a pregnancy test to start showing a stronger positive.

Maybe try again tomorrow.

Good luck!

unicorncow Thu 11-Jan-18 13:36:57

Mine started off really faint, it was hard for the camera to pick up, good luck for retesting

Wishful30 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:08:06

Update...

So the cramps I've had for 5 days got really bad last night, and have now subsided.
Just getting the odd twinge.
The brown discharge has gone 🤷🏻‍♀️

Af is due from tomorrow-Sunday, so I guess I just wait it out. Hope for the best and potentially if there's no show I'll re test Sunday.

Wishful30 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:33:45

Been doing a lot of reading up over the last few days.
Firstly thank you all for your advice. Much appreciated.
It seems you will not get a positive test until implantation has taken place.
So the fact that Wednesday I got a positive and Thursday was negative means the very slight brown discharge and cramps I was having must've been a miscarriage. (Chemical pregnancy)
Tho I feel sad having had the positive followed by negative, I have learned a lot about signs and symptoms over the last few days.
I think it's made me even more aware of my body.
I'm positively thinking forward. I'm 35 soon and have never been pregnant.
I know I'm definitely ovulating, hubby is evidently ok, we can conceive, it's just a matter of keeping check on this every month as I'm pretty sure i had an early miscarriage in October too (2weeks later than this one)
No AF yet but my BT dropped lower than ever this morning so pretty sure she's knocking on the door. Prob also why I feel sad! 🙄

Sorry for the long post ladies. Appreciate your time and advice.
Positive thoughts, baby dust and good luck to everyone.
Maybe speak to you all again in a few weeks lol

Peanutty86 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:28:19

@Wishful30 have you done another test since then? Slight brown discharge really doesn't sound like a miscarriage/chemical....or have you had your period starting since? Sometimes tests play up. For me, it worked the other way round was to what it says on the packet - FMU didn't make a positive stronger, it was the opposite. I hope that either way you will get your BFP soon.

Twinkletoes2018 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:42:27

Sometimes a bit of brown spotting is normal I got a very very faint line on a frer 7 days before my period then they gradually got raker but I came up negative on a different test. I'd see if period turns up if it doesn't then test again. I'm sorry if it turns out to be a chemical.

Twinkletoes2018 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:43:35

Darker that should have said

Wishful30 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:07:04

Double checked again today. BFN very clearly so.
Usually get a bit of brown spotting a day before af but still no sign.
Maybe late because of chemical?
I'll just carry on as normal and see what happens 🤷🏻‍♀️

Peanutty86 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:08:27

Yes, wait and see... out of interest: the one you took today was it a FRER?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: