Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

78th day of no period....

(955 Posts)
SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 10:30:48

As the title suggests, I haven't had a period since the 18th October. I came off cerazette at the start of June and have had irregular cycles since but this is by far the longest.

DH and I are TTC and I last took a pregnancy test at the start of December so I'm fairly confident I'm not pregnant (we were both sick after that and didn't have any inclination to DTD).

We finally DTD on 26th and 27th December and yesterday I had really sore breasts and some cramps and EWCM in the morning for the first time in a long time, but we only managed to DTD late last night. Im mildly cramping this morning and have watery CM. These long cycles are so confusing! Is there a chance we might've caught ovulation this month? How long should I wait before testing?

Mrsw200 Tue 02-Jan-18 10:50:09

Hi, your situation is almost identical to mine. I am on cd71 now, came off the pill in May, had cycles between 35-43 but this is now by far the longest. Spent a fortune on tests over the past few weeks only to be disappointed each time so not going to test for a few days now. I'm also the same now I've been crampy for a few days but different to af feeling and my chest is so sore. So I also wondered if it was possible to ovulate really
Late or after a missed period. If not my body seriously has some beef with me to make me feel like this!!! Fingers crossed to you. Hopefully we'll be out of limbo soon?!?

jellybeans81 Tue 02-Jan-18 11:47:17

I'm joining too ladies... CD52. No sign of period. I was on the contraceptive patch. I've had a withdrawal bleed and nothing sincesad

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 11:54:24

Hi Mrsw! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this, but sorry you're in the same boat!

Are you using any Apps? I was using Ovia but this long cycle has messed everything up and it doesn't have a clue anymore, haha.

I had no symptoms of ovulation in November at all but the past few days I definitely feel something different and definitely had fertile cm and a high cervix yesterday. I never fully realised how difficult TTC is...

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 11:57:05

Hi Jellybeans, come join the club smile

When I initially came off the pill I didn't even have a withdrawal bleed...i just had nothing at all for 9 weeks. Since then I've has cycles ranging from 27 to 40 days, but this is currently taking the biscuit. So frustrating!

Mrsw200 Tue 02-Jan-18 12:01:46

It's a bit strange how identical your situation is. Yes I am using Ovia but as you it just can't keep up with my shit cycle! Think it keeps getting itself in a muddle as to what stage I'm at 😂😂. I tried using opks but never really gave a strong positive so god knows really. I would have my cycles would have settled down by now after being off the pill for 7 months now. Just wish something would happen either way, it's the being in limbo that gets to me. At least I'd AF came I can get back to cd1 - which at the moment feels like a lifetime ago! I guess we just wait? I've got a feeling if I speak to my gp surgery they'll just say wait another few weeks.

Mrsw200 Tue 02-Jan-18 12:06:06

I also find myself googling "bfp after cd60+" almost daily too....

PickettBowtruckles Tue 02-Jan-18 12:06:08

@jellybeans81 I was also on the patch, I had a withdrawal bleed and then had a 52 day cycle before my next period.

I'm currently on day 38 of this cycle and no sign of anything yet (and not pregnant!).

I find a lot less people were on the patch is harder to compare experiences! Rubbish for you that you're still waiting too but am glad to know it's not just me with whacky cycles after the patch!

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 12:22:35

I tried the clearblue dual hormone digital opks but never got a solid smiley, the most I got was flashing but it was really really late in my cycle...like CD 25 and onwards. The sticks are too expensive so I stopped.

I've told my DH in never going on the pill again...I had no idea it would mess me up so much!

Like you in just wishing for AF now so I'm not stuck in limbo land. I've wasted a fortune on tests blush these last few months.

gandalfspants Tue 02-Jan-18 12:23:42

I don't want to give false hope but the OP is so similar to where I was 2 years ago I had to comment.

Increasing cycle length after coming off the combined pill in April 2015, BFNs every time I was 'late'.

LMP October 2015 I was about to book a GP app in Jan 2016 to see what was going on and thought I'd better test before I went.

BFP on Jan 12th, I'd caught an ovulation around Dec 29th. CD 60ish!

DD was born Sept 2016.

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 12:28:32

Ahhh Gandalf that's so encouraging to hear! Congratulations on your DD!

I know not to get my hopes up too much, but it's just nice to know that you've been in the same position and it worked out well for you smile

Mrsw200 Tue 02-Jan-18 12:54:57

Wow that has given me some hope. Did you have any symptoms at all? Thank you grin

gandalfspants Tue 02-Jan-18 14:32:27

I didn't have any obvious symptoms no, I'd had weird cramps and sore boobs on and off in the interim so I was ignoring symptoms anyway, I'd been convinced I'd caught when my last period was late in September, I was 4.5 weeks when I tested (calculated with hindsight, obviously) CBD said 2-3 so spot on.

The HG kicked in about 3 days later, so I would have found out pretty sharpish anyway!

jellybeans81 Tue 02-Jan-18 19:40:12

@PickettBowtruckles glad I'm not the only one who is in the whacky cycle club. I've spoken to one other patch user and their cycles returned to normal almost immediately. I was beginning to worry it was just me!! Fingers crossed something happens soon for us both!

@gandalfspants glad to hear there is still hope for us and thanks for sharing your experience!

Hopefully we ladies will see something soon

Mrsw200 Tue 02-Jan-18 19:43:17

Still nothing here apart from boobs that feel like they've had a round in the boxing ring. Stupidly wasted my last clear blue digital earlier, no surprise staring at me was not pregnant!! Have ordered some frer from amazon as they were cheap so I'll try and hold at testing until Sunday blushblush not idea when or if I ovulated as to when I should be testing or whether it's a waste of time!

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 20:34:01

I just have mild cramps and a 'wet' feeling...dont know if that means I'm about to ovulate or if I already have..or something else entirely! confused I'm going to try to wait another 10 days before testing who am I kidding if AF hasn't shown up by then. Fingers crossed girls!!

Paris1986 Tue 02-Jan-18 20:45:31

I'm in a similar boat. Came off the pill at the start of Oct, nothing for ages and finally had a withdrawal bleed on 22nd Dec. About a week before that I was getting mild cramps so took a test. BFN. According to Ovia I'm fertile between now and Saturday. Been having cramps today and 'wet' too... if it's like last time and just cramps before AF then that means I'm due next week which is a really short cycle hmm Don't want to waste another test but I'm symptom spotting so badly!! Dunno if it means anything or not as I was on the pill so long can't really remember what a normal period was like!

LifeOfRiley63 Tue 02-Jan-18 22:38:02

@SpadesOfGlory Oh Lord, I've been waiting for this post. I am in SAME boat too!

Finished Cerelle 12-13 weeks ago, no withdrawl bleed...NOTHING. I have had achey boobs lasting 4-5 days on and off for weeks, I had horrendous belly/bum cramps about 6-7 weeks ago, my nipples could have cut glass, and Christ knows how many BFNs I've had.

I use Ovia which doesn't have a clue whats happening because I've not had a cycle yet. My CM is a different texture every day (and tbh it kinda creeps me out checking it).

I am doing a Clearblue digital test tomorrow because I have been having cramps all week and felt 'wet' too today!

Every time I try to do an OPK it is negative, I've only ever had one really weak line, I've given up using them now because I'm always disappointed.

Phewsh! All off my chest. Sorry for long post but GOD IT FEELS GOOD to know I'm not alone!!!

SpadesOfGlory Tue 02-Jan-18 23:00:39

@LifeOfRiley63 awww I know exactly what you're going through, I could've added most of what you've written into my OP!

In the first couple of months I was 110% convinced I was pregnant, it's so cruel that so many pill withdrawal symptoms are IDENTICAL to pregnancy symptoms confused I spent a clean fortune on tests only to get about a million BFNs. Soul destroying.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you testing tomorrow...let us know how you get on. God knows we need a bit of encouraging news!!

LifeOfRiley63 Wed 03-Jan-18 07:44:55

BFN sad

Rainbowsandflowers78 Wed 03-Jan-18 07:49:28

Your long and irregular cycles mean you aren’t ovulating. You can’t get pregnant without ovulating regularly so I would suggest going to gp and discussing medications to make you ovulate.

Wishingandwaiting Wed 03-Jan-18 07:55:16

Both my children were conceived when I wasn’t having any periods because underweight. I hadn’t had periods for months and months.

The Doc said unusual but not totally out of the ordinary

Paris1986 Wed 03-Jan-18 08:05:52

@Rainbowsandflowers78 - was that to LifeOfRiley? I thought she said she hadn't had a period at all since coming off the pill, not that they were irregular? If so, surely that means you can still ovulate as it's possible to fall pregnant even if you miss one or two pills (and time it right!)? Apologies if I have misunderstood... this whole conception lark is a whole lot more complicated than I ever imagined confused

LifeOfRiley63 Wed 03-Jan-18 08:53:42

@Paris1986 I think it was aimed at @SpadesOfGlory x

Paris1986 Wed 03-Jan-18 09:11:40

Ah! Sorry @Rainbowsandflowers78 blush ignore me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: