Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in the 2ww?

(653 Posts)
MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 07:24:52

Just heading into the 2ww!! This is the worst part, symptom spotting and poas like there's no tomorrow blush

sophherts Wed 27-Dec-17 07:42:50

🙋🏻 I am! 5dpo and heading off on holiday. Back home at 11dpo but will try to wait until 14dpo to poas. When are you testing?

MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 09:17:44

@sophherts going to test on the 10th! Trying to hold off as long as poss!

Bibijayne Wed 27-Dec-17 14:40:49

9dpo... First proper cycle of TTC #1. I really want to POAS. Hubbie is trying to persuade me this is not a good idea.

TheIntrovertedMum Wed 27-Dec-17 15:19:24

Halfway there! AF is due on 3rd January!

MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 15:41:03

@Bibijayne TTC #1 for me too! Keep us updated! Lots of baby dust for you. I'm actually surprised that I've not bought any tests yet though, normally it's one a day 😂

Bibijayne Wed 27-Dec-17 17:01:23

I've bought two double packs of FRER. I'm so tempted to POAS now but I know that's silly. Tomorrow morning on the other hand wink

TheIntrovertedMum Wed 27-Dec-17 17:04:23

@Bibijayne when is your AF due? The only pg I have in the house is a Tesco own so best keeping it for missed period day! I won't be near any shops to buy frers until Saturday at the earliest so it's maybe lucky or I'd be going insane lol

MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:12:58

It's so hard isn't it when you have them there!! That's why I'm banning myself til af is due. I've had to many disappointing times that I've leArnt to not buy them til nearer the time! Hopefully we will all get what we want!! thanks

TheIntrovertedMum Wed 27-Dec-17 17:46:21

I'm the same @MissSophieB397 when I was TTC last time I tested far too much and got negs that when I did the positive test I left it sitting there and came back to it and was gobsmacked!

bubblybrit Wed 27-Dec-17 19:24:06

Almost there! AF due 1st January based upon 30 day cycle....would really like to test on the 31st as would be a great surprise for my DH on the 1st...new year and all smile however my cycles can vary between 30-36 days so really don’t know what to do!

TheIntrovertedMum Wed 27-Dec-17 20:01:35

@bubblybrit I would get a frer and test on NYE grin

bubblybrit Wed 27-Dec-17 20:38:40

@theintrovertedmum. I’ve been saving my FRER for a situation like this. Just wasn’t sure if it would have been too early? Got a positive opk on CD18. So don’t know if I ovulated late or whether I should expect a longer cycle? Would the FRER still pick up in either case do you think?

Rioja2511 Wed 27-Dec-17 20:53:58

Oh me me me! I'm 5dpo today. 1st cycle off the pill TTC #1. DH and I thought it would be nice to test New Years Day, but as I ovulated a couple of days later than I thought I'd only be 10dpo and it's probably too early. Will try and hold off until the latter end of the week!

Best of luck to us all 😃

MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 21:10:17

All keep me updated on here! I love hearing people's stories. hope this is the month for us all 💞

Rioja2511 Wed 27-Dec-17 21:31:59

TMI warning but I've had brown spotting/stringy discharge since 3dpo. I don't know if it's endometriosis linked as I've been on the pill for years which controlled all of my symptoms and I blanked out the horrendous cycles I used to have. Google tells me it could be ovulation spotting (?), who knows. Going to try and don't over analyse every little thing I feel during this TWW but I know it'll be hard!

MissSophieB397 Wed 27-Dec-17 21:44:39

@Rioja2511 ooh well it might well be a sign of that! Just hold out til at least 10/11dpo and try with a frer at that point smile I'm being on my best behaviour with poas this month ha ha!

Rioja2511 Wed 27-Dec-17 21:48:29

@MissSophieB397 I had thought about getting a FRER, and I see they're so much cheaper on amazon for a double pack - but lots of the reviews have said about false negatives so don't know if they're legit? Might be worth me not being cheap and shelling out full price in Boots 🙈

Bibijayne Wed 27-Dec-17 21:59:09

@introvertedmum AF due NYE.

TheIntrovertedMum Wed 27-Dec-17 22:21:08

@bubblybrit yeah frers can detect from 6 days before your missed period so I would say that would cover? If you're not comfortable wait til first thing on New Year's Day and test?

bubblybrit Thu 28-Dec-17 11:32:34

@theintrovertedmum. Think I’m just a bit scared of disappointment if it turns out to be negative! Think I’ll hold off until 31st and then can celebrate the new year with soda water and lime (ideal!) or celebrate with vodka, soda water and lime lol smile

rabbitsdontlayeggs Thu 28-Dec-17 14:55:30

Me! AF due on 3rd Jan. Was just wondering if it's too early to test! I've got some FRER which picked up DD at 3 weeks 6 days pregnant after a negative result at exactly 3 weeks.

I'd now be 3 weeks 3 days if I've caught.... so trying to hold off!!

MaisyPops Thu 28-Dec-17 14:58:40

Fingera crossed for you all ladies.

We're in the tww too here. Going to test early for the first time to see if there's any chanve in thr last year I've had any chemical pregnancies. Long shot but migjt help work out if it's conception or implantation that's the issue

TheIntrovertedMum Thu 28-Dec-17 16:39:31

@rabbitsdontlayeggs same day I'm due! I'm just gonna wait it out, I don't like testing early, I think I'd rather have AF come than know I had a chemical pregnancy!

I'm getting loads of milky cm today!

MissSophieB397 Thu 28-Dec-17 17:14:13

I've just been peeing for England today and had the worst back ache and tight muscles. But I'm way to early for symptoms anyway, I'm going to test with a frer 6 days before period then if it's a neg the day after if I miss my period. Anyone ever just "feel" like they're pregnant? I just feel different at the moment. Sometimes people say the just know after they conceived. Wishful thinking eh! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now