Talk

Advanced search

I am jealous and I feel bad

(15 Posts)
NeverDarkedOn Fri 15-Dec-17 20:20:24

So my niece has just announced she’s pregnant she’s going to be a very young mum and I am jealous and sad and I can’t say it out loud. I wish it was me and I feel like a failure that we’ve been trying since year and nothing

Justwaitingforaline Fri 15-Dec-17 20:22:30

It’s totally normal and very okay to feel like this. It’s so hard to see other people fall pregnant when you have been TTC for a long time; cut yourself some slack and be nice to yourself flowers

NeverDarkedOn Fri 15-Dec-17 20:25:34

Thanks just waiting, I feel bad but I am normally ok But thank you for your kind words it really means a lot

Justwaitingforaline Fri 15-Dec-17 20:41:13

I’m a fellow long term TTC-er and as much as I’m usually really good at feeling fine about other people falling pregnant, there are times where I struggle with it hugely, you aren’t alone, I promise

Whereismumhiding2 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:44:04

Oh poor you xxx really feel for you. Took me years TTC but I have 3 wonderful children now xxx good luck X much love xxx

sourpatchkid Fri 15-Dec-17 20:48:03

That's really normal - took me 4 years. I hated every pregnant person that ever existed by year 3hmmblush

NeverDarkedOn Fri 15-Dec-17 21:09:47

Thank you all so much flowers this forum is a life saver at times like these

NeverDarkedOn Fri 15-Dec-17 21:11:12

I’m happy for her I just felt so selfish feeling jealous and I can’t say it to anyone

PitilessYank Fri 15-Dec-17 21:11:44

I am sorry that you feel this way, but it is understandable! You are brave to admit it.thanks

welshsoph Fri 15-Dec-17 21:16:54

Please don't feel bad, it's completely normal to feel the way you do. I had a miscarriage in September and it has felt like every other woman I know pregnant. A friend of mine had a little girl 2 weeks ago and I cried for hours when I found out. I felt jealous and selfish then too but lovely people here picked me up and helped me through x

Bubblegum89 Fri 15-Dec-17 21:50:57

Totally normal. Long term ttc’er here too and my little sister announced her unplanned pregnancy with her boyfriend of 10 months back in July. Her bump is huge, she’s complaining about not being able to go on the sunbeds and putting up tweets about how in love she is and how mummy and daddy can’t wait to meet the baby. Kills me every day. Sending you hugs flowers

sophherts Fri 15-Dec-17 21:55:03

I 100% understand! My (lovely) sister in law had twins the same week that I would have had my 12 week scan if my pregnancy had continued. I cried when I found out, not from happiness but from jealousy and sadness. I was shaking when I went to meet them in hospital but luckily those feelings turned to love & happiness when I met them.

It seems like everywhere I look there's someone announcing a pregnancy or birth, it's so hard not to be jealous

SoozC Fri 15-Dec-17 21:57:12

Totally normal, I've been trying 2 years for #1, found it very, very hard the last year and more so now I've had a mc with our first bfp. Just allow yourself to feel sad for yourself and get all the emotions out on here! You'll then find it easier to put on a happy face for people, which I find then turns into genuine happiness after a little while.

NeverDarkedOn Fri 15-Dec-17 21:58:09

Again (I sound like a broken record) thank you to each and every one of you ❤️ I will love and support her every step of the way and hopefully one day we will all have our prayers answered

Justwaitingforaline Sat 16-Dec-17 10:21:11

Come and join us on the Yam thread, we’re all long term TTC-ers and grumpy but so supportive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now