Talk

Advanced search

Can't take the waiting

(11 Posts)
GerardNoWay Thu 07-Dec-17 21:26:43

So, we aren't actively TTC (ie no tracking or anything) but we aren't using contraception 100% of the time and we would be overjoyed if I were to get pregnant.

Last period was 10/11 and I should be due tomorrow. We DTD several times week commencing 20th and had a feeling on 22nd that we might have made a baby. I know that sounds pathetic.

But this feeling has been so strong. A couple of days ago I bought some cheap tests off Amazon. They were supposed to arrive today but no sign angry

I'm hoping they come tomorrow and AF doesn't. I've been having mild cramps since yesterday and tmi but have been quite gassy, which is one of the earliest symptoms I had with DD.

I really just want to test now but I'm also cheap and don't want to fork out when I've got 15 tests on the way!!

Not looking for any advice, just need a void to scream into!

KalaLaka Thu 07-Dec-17 21:31:28

It's just awful and all-consuming! I am on a ttc break... this month I've noticed I actually have all the symptoms when I'm 100% not pregnant. I'm hoping this will keep me sane when I restart the ttc craziness!

GerardNoWay Thu 07-Dec-17 21:36:26

I know Kala, it's all I can think is of. We have been intentionally low key about it because of past miscarriages and not wanting to get our hopes up. I suspect it is easier for DP as he doesn't live with the thought of it all the time. Every little thing is 'what if...'

With DD the only symptoms I had was gas and didn't bother testing until a week after my missed period as the thought never even crossed my mind!

Seahorsesandunicorns Thu 07-Dec-17 21:57:55

Nothing like gut instinct. I know ttc convinces you of every symptom in the book however, I have three DC and I knew straight away before testing that I'd conceived. It's such a strange feeling. Let us know when you test and good luck xx

GerardNoWay Fri 08-Dec-17 08:36:27

So AF due today and no sign just yet.

Low level nausea and mild cramps.

Pregnancy tests are MIA. Message from Amazon telling me they can't tell me when they will arrive hmm

Might have to nip to Morrison's for one this morning!

GerardNoWay Fri 08-Dec-17 13:17:19

Tests came...

Oh my! grin

HoneyCake86 Fri 08-Dec-17 13:21:05

Congratulations!!

Emelene Fri 08-Dec-17 14:07:45

Congratulations! What lovely news just before Christmas. All the best OP xx

GerardNoWay Fri 08-Dec-17 14:22:02

Thank you smile

Seahorsesandunicorns Fri 08-Dec-17 14:50:39

Huge congrats!! What did I say about trusting your gut!! Xx

KalaLaka Sat 09-Dec-17 10:05:53

Congrats fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now