Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Confusion with ovulation

(14 Posts)
Helen290 Thu 07-Dec-17 12:27:05

Hi so I am 22 days post my MC me and my husband decided to try again straight away however due to the MC I have no idea when I'll ovulate , the confusion is Friday last week I started getting more discharge and this increased a lot over the weekend so we had lots of sex sorry TMI we had it twice on Sunday anyway on Monday my fertile discharge continued and on Tuesday I felt very strange headache slight cramping pain and feeling a little sick and lots of discharge so we had sex again that day, but I am still getting fertile discharge sorry tmi especially when I go toilet or when I wake up so i have no idea which day I was ovulating or if I have missed it as I had sex Sunday and Tuesday and then we will tonight we roughly do it every other day.
Is headaches and feeling dizzy normal in ovulation? and how many days do you get fertile discharge and do I continue having sex more often this week? Is every other day enough? Sorry long message any help would be appreciated.

BandhaAid Thu 07-Dec-17 12:47:33

It sounds you could have built up for ovulation but didn't actually ovulate, so your body tried again. Or you could have a but of ewcm after ovulation, which happens to some women (including myself). Headaches and dizziness van be caused by ovulation so it's not unusual. Yes sex every two days is enough so if I'm doubt, I'd carry on having sex every two days (or more) until the ewcm disappears.

Helen290 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:03:35

@BandhaAid yeh that's what I was planning on doing continuing every other day till it goes I am really hoping i did ovulate 😑

Helen290 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:04:31

How many days after ovulation do you have the fertile discharge?

BandhaAid Thu 07-Dec-17 13:06:42

Probably two days? But remember you might still be settling down after the MC

franktheskank Thu 07-Dec-17 13:34:16

Maybe try opk next time so you have a bette rides of when/if you are. I find I get the ewcm for a day or two after I get the smiley face.

Helen290 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:40:33

@franktheskank I don't do the test strips as it drives me mad and my fertility nurse told me not to bother so I'm trying to avoid things like that as it makes me get more obsessive lol

franktheskank Thu 07-Dec-17 14:00:21

Maybe just have sex every day or every other day throughout your cycle then and you won't ha e to worry if you timed it right then x

Helen290 Thu 07-Dec-17 14:51:40

@franktheskank lol easier said then done gets very tiring and repetitive doing it that often lol I love sex with my husband but the pressure to do it more isn't nice lol, just wish I knew the week better so we don't have to burn ourselves out lol

franktheskank Thu 07-Dec-17 20:20:17

I keep hearing that on here can't believe my eyes shock we have to try and do it less when ttc as too much means the sperm won't be replenished or something wink

Helen290 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:31:35

@franktheskank apparently that's no always true but yes every day is a bit too much lol I have a feeling this one want happen but I kinda expected that after the MC I just hope I don't have a really long cycle lol.

ThunderboltsLightning Fri 08-Dec-17 08:39:40

Hopefully your cycle will settle quickly but for me it took quite a while. I mc'd in the August but didn't ovulate again until the end of October. I did get pregnant though! I used opks.

franktheskank Fri 08-Dec-17 13:33:54

How far gone were you when you mc? I think that can make a difference.

Everyone is different but I've had two miscarriages one at 6 weeks one at 17 weeks and cycle returned to normal both times as far as I remember. I know it did with the first one because I conceived ds2 and had a positive within 4 weeks x

Helen290 Fri 08-Dec-17 14:29:43

@franktheskank my MC was very early at just 4 weeks and I bled for 3 days properly then spotted for 3 days, so I thought given the fact it was so early things would just get back to normal quickly it's frustrating as my cycles were just back to normal when I had the MC before that my cycles were so irregular after not having a period for 9 months, I find the irregular cycles more upsetting then not getting pregnant as I can't tell when I'll ovulate or if I will.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: