Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Hot tub in 2WW

(4 Posts)
coffeeplastic Thu 07-Dec-17 09:53:28

I just wanted to gather some thoughts and opinions!

My lovely hubby has booked us a romantic break in a log cabin. Open log fire, nice and remote, and our very own hot tub. However I know that hot tubs and hot baths are very much a no-no during pregnancy due to the high temperatures being bad for the developing baby.

But I was wondering what you ladies feel about hot tubs in the 2WW? There are a lot of things I don't worry about too much until a BFP - I'm in the drink until it's pink camp, still enjoying coffee etc. But hot tub seems maybe a bit more risky? I will be 7 to 11 dpo during the trip, so right around the time implantation would be occurring. But is there really any risk before you're actually pregnant? What can it affect?

I think I'm leaning towards staying out of it (maybe just dangling my legs, or a few quick 5 minute dips). Because even if I was 99% sure it was fine, that little "what if?" might bother me too much if it was another BFN this month! It is a shame though, he's got to so much effort and I'd feel a little bit guilty not taking advantage, so if everyone tells me I'm being too over-cautious maybe I will change my mind?

I would be very interested in everyone's thoughts on the matter!

demirose87 Thu 07-Dec-17 09:58:39

I wouldn't worry about things like this until you find out for definite that you are pregnant. Even if you do find you're pregnant I can't see it doing any harm. You can't put your life on hold while ttc.

mummyG2C Thu 07-Dec-17 17:18:19

Hi I wouldn't worry to much to be honest I have a hot tub at home and it is set at 37.5 degrees which is body temperature and have used it all through pregnancy. With my first we went to a log cabin with one for babymoon I was 35 weeks and we just asked them to turn it down/did it ourselves to 37.5 degrees so is just body temp. Just don't go in for too long one cycle of bubbles normally 20/30mins is enough and if you feel light headed or anything get out but I have always used them pregnant and when TTC as have members of my family and we have never had any issues as long as it's set at a sensible temperature. The baths you give birth in are suppose to be 37.5 and you wouldn't notice that temp as being extremely hot if you got in a bath that temp.

coffeeplastic Fri 08-Dec-17 08:13:49

Thank you for your responses, you've put my mind at ease quite a lot. I think I will enjoy the hot tub while we're there! And just make sure I'm being sensible with making sure I don't overheat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: