Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Scan: heartbeat but small embryo

(9 Posts)
May1205 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:44:13

Hi ladies. Pregnant for the 3rd time this year after 2 MC. Had 7 week scan - heartbeat but Dr put size of baby at 5weeks and 6 days. I’m sure of my dates and he’s told us to expect a MC although he’ll scan again in a week. Words were he won’t write it off due to heartbeat but believes it to be failing and has said its an almost certain outxome. Has anyone else had a 7 week scan, been this sure of their dates, had a scan with a reputable expert and been this far behind and ... gulp had the baby survive ?

chiaseeddisapointmentagain Wed 06-Dec-17 19:47:24

It's not unheard of.
Best of luck x

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 20:03:45

I’ve had this happen. Sadly I miscarried but I also had something similar happen with my healthy pregnancy. So, could be either.

Good luck. X

May1205 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:09:41

Should also say we have a healthy little boy but I’m 41....

orangeapplepearplum Wed 06-Dec-17 20:18:05

Good luck xx

Hotpinkangel19 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:23:12

Yes me! I thought/was sure I was 7 weeks, but was scanned and only 4+5. No HB. Told to come back a week later and there was HB and I was measuring 5+6. Still confusing though as I should have been at least a week ahead. I'm currently 35+3. Good luck x

Patienceisvirtuous Wed 06-Dec-17 20:26:58

He might have also based his opinion on the heart rate too - if it was slow he’d have reason to believe it won’t thrive.

I’ve had this three times - two outcomes weren’t good, the last one was...

Fingers x for you.

BeyondHope Wed 06-Dec-17 22:04:59

I had a scan at 7 +1 and baby was seen with heartbeat measuring 6+3. Sadly I miscarried that baby at about 8 weeks. I truely hope everything is ok for you. I know t can go either way. flowers

Seahorsesandunicorns Thu 07-Dec-17 02:38:48

Really hope this is a positive outcome for you. The wait and worry is heartbreaking xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: