Talk

Advanced search

Help

(6 Posts)
SLR1906 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:22:21

My last period started on 20th November and i have been lead to believe i should ovulate between 1st and 7th december - i have been using ovulation tests and according to them i have not yet ovulated ? I havent had any signs down below yet but have had slight pain.

Is it a possibility i will ovulate later than 7th?? Or could the tests be wrong?? Or maybe could I have ovulated before the 1st??

BandhaAid Wed 06-Dec-17 19:25:19

You can ovulate on any day of your cycle really, but it's most common between days 10 and 18. You could have missed your surge or not used the opk correctly. Have you had any other signs such as a change in discharge?

SLR1906 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:29:49

@BandhaAid thats a huge window of opportunity no wonder its so hard to track!! I have had no change in discharge at all yet, do you think its a bad idea to use these tests? Am I getting too obsessive .. Im only on cycle 2 of ttc

BandhaAid Wed 06-Dec-17 19:33:57

It's personal choice! Some women love them but I personally couldn't be bothered because it is best done in early afternoon every day after not doing a wee for at least 4 hours. You could try tracking temperature and cervical mucus but the best approach if you're unsure of when you're ovulating is to have sex every two days all month.

SLR1906 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:50:25

@BandhaAid i really think trying to track it is quite discouraging and making me obsessed!! Thank you for your messages.

BandhaAid Wed 06-Dec-17 20:02:51

That's fair enough, it's good to relax and tracking can sometimes cause too much stress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now