Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Very Faint bfp or evap?

(13 Posts)
TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 18:31:24

Asking because I’ve since got a bfn and bleeding. Unsure if another miscarriage or just a period.

winterwarmers Wed 06-Dec-17 18:35:34

This test looks really old probably take another

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 18:37:12

Photos were taken minutes afterwards. I’m not pregnant now, but I want to know if it’s another miscarriage or just an evap line. I’ve had three miscarriages before.

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 19:28:22

Bump

Tryue Wed 06-Dec-17 19:34:26

That looks like evap lines I've had with that same test. I've had darker evap lines which have been negative.

BandhaAid Wed 06-Dec-17 19:39:46

I can't see anything on the Clearblue one. To avoid evap lines, try a test with pink lines such as First Response

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 19:42:42

These look like evaps? God I hope so.

webster144 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:46:03

I had one like this last month and then got my period shortly after, I also just took the same test when I was 6-7dpo the other day and it looked the same, but then I went on to get a negative first response the next day 😔 I have had positive and negative experiences with clear blue, with my first pregnancy I got a positive on the digital 3 days before missed period, and never had a problem after with dodgy tests or anything.

A lot of people claim they are bad for evap lines and I think in my case last month that was true as they looked exactly like your test in the photo.

I could be wrong though, I would definitely say leave it a few days and retest - maybe with a first response as pink dyes are generally better 🤞🏻

How many days past OV are you? x

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 19:49:06

Webster I’m not pregnant because I’ve got my period but I was 9dpo when I did that. This is so reassuring. I thought I was having another miscarriage.

webster144 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:52:07

@TheCatsPaws I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I too had a miscarriage mid Oct and my heart breaks for anyone else that has to go through what I did.thanks

I just think clear blue are notorious for evaps, sorry for not reading your post properly!!

I hope you get your bfp soon xxx

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 19:58:41

Sorry for your loss. It’s so upsetting isn’t it sad

webster144 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:06:58

@TheCatsPaws I know it's horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Glad we've got people on here though to talk to and share stories and support! x

TheCatsPaws Wed 06-Dec-17 22:29:16

So I asked my boyfriend to wee on the other test. he got this result too. Pretty sure it’s an evap...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: