Talk

Advanced search

Can you ovulate and not have fertile cm?

(5 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:47:42

I’m cd10 of a 28 day cycle (although my cycles have been a bit odd the last few months, jumping from 34 to 26 to 31) Assuming my cycles are back to normal, I expect to be ov’ing cd14. Not doing opks this month as I’m taking a break from ttc for a few months for my own sanity!

Since Monday, I’ve been having a lot of cm. I usually get increased cm before ovulation and it’s clear and watery so figured that’s what it was but it was very white and although the consistency was thin and lotiony, it wasn’t watery. So then I figured it couldn’t be ovulation. Then yesterday I started having a lot of twinges in my right ovary area. Still getting quite a fair bit of white, lotion cm though and was getting twinges again this morning and on my way to work, got some that were much stronger. I checked my cm and it’s still white. I don’t usually get ov pains but I have had them once or twice and that’s what these twinges felt like and with it being on just one side as well I can’t think of anything else it could be. But obviously, the cm I’m getting isn’t fertile.

Usually after af, I’m dry as a bone (lol sorry) then coming up to ov I may have a tiny bit of thicker off-white cm. I know when I’m close to ov’ing as I start feeling like I’ve wet myself but obviously I haven’t, it’s just that my cm changes to clear and watery and I have lots of it. After I ov, I go back to the off-white cm but only small amounts then dry just before af starts. That’s been my pattern for my whole 13 months of ttc and I’m not sure why it’s changed now.

It’s mainly the bright white of the cm that I’ve not seen before and the amount of it that’s confusing me but could I be ovulating and my cm has just gone weird? I would class what I’ve got as non fertile cm seeing as it’s thicker than my regular fertile cm. I’ve not been taking any new supplements, I don’t have an infection. That’s the only logical explanation right? That I’m ovulating but my cm doesn’t know it? I don’t even know if that’s a thing. I’m just a little fed up now lol am I officially broken?

Blaggerious Wed 06-Dec-17 11:40:48

I have never seen any cm let alone fertile cm and I have been pregnant 3 times. One sadly ended in a mc. What am trying to say is I must have O to have fallen pregnant. I don't even get O pains. You aren't broken. But understandly you are fed up.

Bubblegum89 Wed 06-Dec-17 11:56:03

Thanks blaggerious I’m just confused as it’s so different to what I’ve had the last 12 months. I’m just fed up of my body changing stuff! I’ve always had cm all through my cycle ever since I started having periods, it’s just never been like this. Strange. I’m having the twinges in my right ovary area again at the minute. Of course this would all be happening the month I decide I’m not doing opks 🙄

Blaggerious Wed 06-Dec-17 12:05:04

Our bodies are strange things and I wouldn't get too worked up about it! Our bodies are just there to bloody confuse us!
During a couple of my early scans, I was told that twinges and pains from the ovary means I O from that side so I am thinking the pain from your right ovary means the same?
If you are on cd10 and normally O on cd14 then start bd every other day from today until cd18 and that should cover you and put you in for a good chance. Although I appreciate it's not as simple as that.

Bubblegum89 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:54:07

Yeah I don’t often get O pain but it’s quite obvious when I do, if that makes sense? I’m not actually ttc right now so not bd’ing at specific times (needed a break as I was going insane lol) so I don’t mind if I’ve already ovulated and missed it so I suppose that’s one good thing. Still baffled by this weird change in cm but I guess it’s just another one of those things I’ll never understand haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now