Talk

Advanced search

Hiccups and heartburn..?

(12 Posts)
LouLouB1987 Tue 05-Dec-17 13:47:46

Soooo I'm about 9/10 dpo. Had heartburn for the last two days and hiccups twicr today?! I never get either..

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced as and early symptom?!

Ta

Bubblegum89 Tue 05-Dec-17 14:50:40

It’s far too early for pregnancy symptoms. When you’re ttc it’s hard not to overanalyse every little thing but honestly, you will not get true pregnancy symptoms until at least a few weeks into a pregnancy. It’s absolutely normal to have symptoms you’ve never had before during your tww. I’ve been ttc over a year and some months I have things going on that I’ve never had in all the years I’ve been having periods and I haven’t been pregnant

LouLouB1987 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:01:38

Thanks? Still enjoying being quite excited about everything so was just a general question. I've seen people have symptoms early and late on and you never know until AF. No harm in asking 🖒

Bubblegum89 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:08:30

Well you asked a question, I’m just answering it lol so many ladies come on here when they’re in the early days of ttc asking about symptoms and if they are pregnancy related. I think it’s unfair to get people’s hopes up by telling them they are when they’re not. The only way you’ll know if you’re pregnant is if you get a positive test. Sorry if that comes across as condescending but I wish someone had told me not to overthink symptoms when I first started ttc! Good luck

LouLouB1987 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:35:55

Ohhhh really? You only know for sure with a BFP? Ahhhhh ive been doing it wrong for the last year..!

Come on, I'm 31 and been at it a long time myself. I think a lot of people post responses on here that are completely unnecessary and just not helpful to the OP. If you have zero experience or knowledge about the particular question im asking, keep scrolling? Dont upset me or dishearten me by making out like im overreacting or getting my hopes up. Its not helpful, sorry. All the best to you too 😁

doowapwap Tue 05-Dec-17 15:41:02

I've had symptoms really early on before. When I was pregnant with dc2, before I tested, before my period was due, I was getting really awful nausea. Tested 2 days later and I was pregnant.

I also got heartburn a few days before I tested.

Everyone is totally different and people do sometimes get symptoms earlier than others.

OP, it's really hard to stop yourself from symptom spotting, I can totally relate. I hope you get your BFP very very soon

LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:15:20

@LouLouB1987. Maybe you ate something that disagreed with you?

LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:16:05

@Bubblegum89. I agree with you, many symptoms are purely coincidental x

Bubblegum89 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:21:08

I’m unsure as to why you are being rude, you asked a question and I replied. Yes, the only way to know you are pregnant is with a positive pregnancy test. There’s no need to be patronising. I’ve been pregnant twice before so actually, yes, I do have experience in this. I’m sorry you didn’t like my answer because it didn’t fit in with what you wanted to hear. Best of luck anyway.

Si1ver Tue 05-Dec-17 16:39:46

Oh gosh @LouLouB1987 I'm not sure that being told you can't have symptoms at 9dpo should be upsetting or disheartening. It's just factually true. At that point all you can biologically have is pmt.

Honestly by tomorrow you should be able to poas and know either way. I know it's really hard not to get your hopes up over every little "symptom" but in the long run it's probably better.

Good luck with your test.

NimbleKnitter Tue 05-Dec-17 17:07:36

Not aware of hiccoughs and heart burn being a symptom of anything - sounds like maybe you just ate too quickly

NimbleKnitter Tue 05-Dec-17 17:18:58

Ps you are getting your hopes up and you are overreacting.

Chill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now