Talk

Advanced search

Vitamin B6 and luteal phases

(7 Posts)
Caimor23 Tue 05-Dec-17 13:23:36

Hi all,

I was hoping you wonderful ladies could help answer a question for me!

I'm taking 100mg B6 a day to help lengthen my luteal phase (9 days some cycles, 10 days other). It's my first cycle doing so and I ovulated two days after I would normally ovulate, making my luteal phase 7/8 days if things go as planned and AF comes in 9 Dec...

So my question is, does the B6 push back your period? Or is it meant to make you ovulate early? Maybe my body's still adjusting to it, but I'm a bit worried it's made my luteal phase shorter!

Thanks in advance x

Dandelion89 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:11:37

I’m interested in this too. Just started taking b6 as I have a short luteal phase x

fuzzywuzzy Tue 05-Dec-17 22:17:33

I took vitamin B6 to lengthen my literal phase.

What I found is that it delayed when I ovulated, so I started taking it after I ovulated. I used to chart my temperature and also took ov tests so I was pretty sure when I ovulated.

It did help and increased my literal phase to eleven days.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 05-Dec-17 22:18:12

Luteal not literal

Dandelion89 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:22:45

Thanks that’s good to know.

Caimor23 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:39:24

That's really good to know. So you didn't take it all month? Just right after you ovulated? Sorry, just want to make sure I get it right smile

Magpie24 Wed 13-Dec-17 22:43:42

I suspect I have a short luteal phase of around 10 or so day, but I'm guessing really based on Ewcm and then when my period comes. Do I need a blood test to confirm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now