Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ovulation test help

(7 Posts)
Ts174 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:16:41

Hi

Please could someone tell me if this is a positive ovulation test. I usually et no line or the very faintest line. This is the darkest I've ever had but isn't as dark as control line as it should be?

Thanks

INeedNewShoes Tue 05-Dec-17 11:21:00

No that one's not positive. The test line must be at least as dark as the control.

Are you testing twice a day?

There's a common error with ovulation tests of testing once a day with first morning urine - a bad idea on both counts: FMU doesn't contain the peak levels of LH and lots of women get their surge in the afternoon/evening. I always tested roughly 10am and 4pm.

Gem173 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:55:14

Here is my pos opk on those tests smile just to show you how dark

MaisyPops Tue 05-Dec-17 16:56:10

You're meant to do 2 a day?

I need to join a thread on using them properly. We dabbeld with them but I haven't a clue.

Bubblegum89 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:01:35

@MaisyPops if you do one in the afternoon (around 2-3pm ideally) then do another in the evening (maybe 9-10pm) I found that’s when I get my best results. You should do two a day, spaced out, because a surge can happen very quickly and finish just as quickly and if you’re only doing one opk a day, you can miss it. They do take a bit of getting used to but they’re quite easy once you get the hang of them

MaisyPops Tue 05-Dec-17 17:23:27

Bubblegum89
I thought that itbwas mid afternoon. I teach so doing one during thr day would be awkward.
Maybe I just need to suck it up and try them better.

I was doing them at 430ish a d leaving school early to do them at home.

Bubblegum89 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:40:20

4.30 would be fine to do one. If you just do one later on in the evening as well as a lot of the time, a surge happens overnight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: