Talk

Advanced search

Is there any hope?

(4 Posts)
Lolala81 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:29:22

I'm 36 and have been TTC for 11 months with no luck. One wk before period was due I had a UTI, constipation and crippling trapped wind which I never suffer from. I was actually doubled over with pain.

Period was due but didn't arrive although I did have cramps like it was about to come on. Situation now is I'm 5 days late and since second day have had very light brown discharge (sorry tmi) and today I had a little bit of brown/red blood but only on wiping. Still having cramps.

I took a test one day before period was due, on third day and today. All negative. Does anybody have any thoughts on what this could mean? Does the brighter blood mean I'm not pregnant? Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced similar as I'm getting worried now. Really want to be pregnant but fear the signs are not in my favour. Thanks.

Lolala81 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:30:44

I forgot to say my periods are normally extremely regular (28 days) and I can't remember ever being late, maybe a day early.

physicskate Tue 05-Dec-17 06:56:54

Sounds like you may have had a cyst rupture? Painful. Ouch. Might mean this cycle is anovulatory. Perfectly normal a couple times a year.

Owlpatrol Tue 05-Dec-17 07:17:09

Hi I've been late once this year even though my cycles are regular as well it's very confusing but the following month it went back to normal! Try a test again in two days if no full af has come x fx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now