Talk

Advanced search

Four positives and then a negative test

(14 Posts)
killy4646 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:06:52

Hello everybody

I have had four positive pregnancy tests (although it was early 1-2 weeks) but I just retested (it is my first so I am super paranoid) and it was negative sad

I assume the chances of a false negative are low and unfortunately the baby hasn't progressed but it would be great if anyone had has a similar experience and could share (good or bad).

Thank you

HoldTightPretendItsAPlan Mon 04-Dec-17 21:29:46

Did you use the same brand for all of the tests? Sometimes different brands have different hormone levels required.

SpringWater1571 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:54:20

Were all tests done at the same time of day? Were they all the same brand?

killy4646 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:58:56

Hello guys thank you so much for your replies, it's so appreciated. Yes, same brand, Clear Blue Digital (so got the big fat "Not Pregnant") which was a surprise after so many positives. I took it at about 9pm so I'm hoping that may be something to do with it, but I'm not hopeful (it felt too good to be true!)

SpringWater1571 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:06:49

If you were testing quite early and took a test at 9pm there's a good chance you could have got a false negative. Those digital tests aren't as sensitive as some others. Hope it all works out.

QueenAmongstMen Mon 04-Dec-17 22:16:21

This happened to me and it wasn't a good outcome sad

I hope it works out for you though flowers

killy4646 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:23:14

Thank you so much for your responses, I got another positive result this morning (1-2 weeks). Feeling much happier but just can't wait to see the doctor and have proper blood tests. Thank you so much again.

nameshelpplease Tue 05-Dec-17 07:29:11

Congratulations! I don't know where you live, but my doctor doesn't do a blood test or even a urine test, they just go by the result you've got on your home pregnancy test and refer you on to the midwives. In my first pregnancy it was the longest few weeks until I got to the 12 week scan as I was constantly wondering if I was definitely pregnant, although going by the exhaustion and nausea I guessed I had to be.

HoneyCake86 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:42:33

There is the possibility of a chemical pregnancy but on the other hand....
when i ttc’d my youngest child, a lady on our thread was pregnant and had the same thing with spotting. I pointed out to her that HCG is released in sortof ‘waves’ (i was taught this in biology). So one day it could be a little lower than day before or level then increase more. Sure enough it recovered and she went on to have a healthy pregnancy. Obvs it might not be the case here but try not to panic too much til you know for sure. Go to your doc asap or early pregnancy unit and ask if they can check it out xxxx

NimbleKnitter Tue 05-Dec-17 10:40:37

Yep - doc won't test you. They just refer you to the midwife.

Check your NHS trust - you usually don't need to see a doctor to be referred, you either self-refer or the receptionist does it

killy4646 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:35:33

Another negative test this morning. Wow what a rollercoaster. Heading for a blood test today. Thank you so much for your really helpful messages.

HoneyCake86 Wed 06-Dec-17 09:06:17

Oh wow really!! Bloody hell you must be so fed up! Hope it works out, keep us updated xx

killy4646 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:26:35

Hello everybody. Unfortunately it's a confirmed early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. I understand from my doctor that this is not the same for everybody and that HCG levels fluctuate but unfortunately not good news for me. Thank you so much for your help. thanks

TheCatsPaws Thu 07-Dec-17 10:28:26

OP this exact thing happened to me. It’s really shitty. If you need to vent, we’re sll here flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now