Talk

Advanced search

False negatives on Internet cheapies?

(10 Posts)
Jammingmarg Sat 02-Dec-17 20:37:30

Hi.
Slowly driving myself mad.
I am around 7-9days late for af, been testing daily with Internet cheapies but all bfn's. I've used them with confidence in the past. These tests are from a new batch bought since last af so starting to wonder could it be a bad batch.

I've litterally spent hundreds of pounds on tests in 2 years and developed a poas addiction hence the cheapies.

So I'm wondering before I get dirty looks for buying more tests from boots has anyone had experiences or at least heard of IC giving wrong negative results?

Thanks

McTufty Sat 02-Dec-17 20:39:50

When I was getting a pretty strong line on FRER it was barely visible on the IC. I think they don’t show up that well. If you’re that late, worth a FRER I think.

Jammingmarg Sat 02-Dec-17 20:54:25

Thanks for replying. How early/late were you at this point?

I know once I buy frer it's a slippery slope for keep doing them until af appears

SoozC Sun 03-Dec-17 08:23:50

I got bfp on a CB digital but negative on ic on the same day. Frer confirmed bfp next day. Af was anywhere between 1 and 4 days late. I've now got a stash of frers as I'm not going to use the rest of those cheapies I have!
Good luck.

McTufty Sun 03-Dec-17 08:27:40

Not as late as you (AF was due I think) but everyone has different levels of HCG! I know FRERs are expensive though. They’re a bit cheaper on amazon I think.

Anatidae Sun 03-Dec-17 08:34:47

When I’ve been pregnant I’ve found frer comes up first, then clear blue, then the cheapies even though they are supposed to detect the same concentration of hormone.

I also know someone who for one pregnancy had almost undetectable hcg in urine to the point she never got a positive urine test.

Jammingmarg Sun 03-Dec-17 22:08:26

Im going out shopping tomorrow so might pick up a frer. i think deep down i know im not pregnant, thinking im clutching at straws. Altho i do wonder where the heck my af went??

BusterBluth21 Mon 11-Dec-17 21:26:34

What happened in the end @Jammingmarg ?
I'm currently 7 days late and all the IC's I've tried have been negative! Did you have any luck with a FRER?

Gettingwed Mon 11-Dec-17 21:45:49

AF eventually came around 13days late. i avoided buying the frer purely because i didnt want to waste money. i bought tesco test tho and that was bfn (that was around 11days late) so i just waited it out.
hope you either get bfp or if its not to be then af soon. it was torture waiting on af to arrive!!

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 11-Dec-17 21:51:08

I have heard mixed reviews about internet cheapies. There are lots of Amazon reviews saying they’ve given false negatives. Be interesting to see if Jam comes back to confirm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now