Talk

Advanced search

Checked on test this morning, turned positive? Opinions!! *with photo

(19 Posts)
webster144 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:24:50

Hiya,

So I post this morning about a test I took about 8am, I'm approx 6dpo and having some symptoms but not all like I did before my miscarriage in Oct.

I post a picture of the test I took this morning because I was convinced I could see something and I got a few yes and no opinions, but to be honest it was so faint.
First picture is test this morning at 8am, second photo is me going back at 8pm to see it again and try take it apart to see if it's clearer inside.

I've just come home from work and although I know it's 12 hours later....I just checked on it and it's got a lot stronger, I even took it out the case and it's like an obvious line! confused

Is there a chance this is an error? I know they say never to trust a test after 5 minutes or whatever but how am I seeing this line, surely it wouldn't show if there wasn't any HCG and why is it only showing up now? When I took it out the test container it was still really wet (sorry) and so I'm thinking maybe me touching it has messed it up?

Opinions please or an explanation as to how this could maybe have happened would be fab as I'm so confused x Thanks guys! x

Snap8TheCat Sat 02-Dec-17 20:28:05

You need to do a new test.

happymumof4crazykids Sat 02-Dec-17 20:51:50

I agree new test. I can't see a line at all in the first picture and the second picture looks like an Evap line.

BrutusMcDogface Sat 02-Dec-17 20:55:51

I'm afraid the line in the second picture is an evap line.

You're so early to test, though! I appreciate it's hard but if you wait a few days you might get a clearer result.

Best of luck flowers

webster144 Sat 02-Dec-17 20:57:51

I'm gonna go and get some first response tests in the morning, sorry the first pics were a bit rubbish...but the line is definitely blue in colour in person, I also just tried to upload a photo of it with flash but apparently you're limited to how many pics you can upload in a day?

Sorry this might sound a bit naive but can an evap line contain colour? In person this line is definitely blue coloured! x

BrutusMcDogface Sat 02-Dec-17 21:02:12

Hmm, not sure. I would be so surprised if you got a positive at 6 dpo, though! Your period isn't due for around another 8 days. First response can show up to five days before you're due (I think) so would be better to wait.

Hope you get your positive, as I know how devastating a miscarriage is.

NimbleKnitter Sat 02-Dec-17 21:57:46

I can only see the control line on that test, even out of the case.

chocolateorangeowls Sat 02-Dec-17 22:10:29

Sorry for your loss, I think 6 dpo really is very early to get a BFP. I thought implantation tended to happen about 7 dpo. Certainly the earliest BFP I got was 9 dpo. I’d test again in two days if I was you, Good luck xx

Nikki2ol6 Sun 03-Dec-17 04:21:15

I doubt you would get a positive on a clear blue at 6dpo. I was testing from 6dpo and got my first positive on 8dpo with first response and it wasn’t for another 3-4 days before I got a faint line on clear blue

PrimeraVez Sun 03-Dec-17 05:27:58

I would think it's almost impossible to get a BFP at 6dpo, especially on a CB. In 4 pregnancies, the very earliest I have ever had a line is 9dpo.

I know it's tough but try and wait 3-4 more days at least and that way you are more likely to get a result you can trust.

SoozC Sun 03-Dec-17 08:17:52

Don't take the tests apart as it invalidates them.

I've heard blue tests can be unreliable and are notorious for evap lines. Good luck with a frer or different test.

Unicornberry Sun 03-Dec-17 08:22:47

Clear blue are notorious for evap lines. If your only 6dpo you really need to wait another 3-4+ days and even then people still get a BFN at 10dpo then a BFP at 14dpo sometimes.

Spam88 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:26:28

Sorry OP, but it's way past the time you're supposed to read it and you've taken the test apart, so that test is completely invalid. 6dpo is so early as well! Fingers crossed you get your BFP in a few days ☺️

Mehfruittea Sun 03-Dec-17 11:38:26

1st day HCG is produced is 8dpo. Impossible to get positive test on 6dpo unless you have ovulated earlier than you thought.

Mehfruittea Sun 03-Dec-17 11:43:10

correction - 11 dpo

1-4dpo ..embryo is growing and developing
5dpo... Embryo is now a blastocyst
6dpo....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
7dpo.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
8dpo.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
9dpo.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
10dpo.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
11dpo...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
12dpo...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
13dpo...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
14dpo...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

11dpo is the first day your body produces HCG at all, so there is no point in testing before this date!! wink

HoneyCake86 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:49:11

That would depend. Some women have shorter/longer luteal phases and may have ovulated sooner/later than anticipated

Mehfruittea Sun 03-Dec-17 16:33:57

Honey - you are right re literal phases, they do vary. But the time from day of conception and biological progress of the embryo doesn't.

Mehfruittea Sun 03-Dec-17 16:39:54

The timeline above is technically from date of conception, not date of ovulation. So if you ovulated on Monday but conceived on Wednesday you would add 2 days to the timeline. As sperm can be active for 3 days and eggs good for up to 2 days from moment of ovulation, it’s really hard to have an accurate date of conception. Unless you have IVF, like I did. I spent 5 yrs ttc, used to buy HPT in bundles of 100 at a time and learnt everything I could possibly learn about the 2ww.

Happy to say my 6 yr old is sat with me right now. grin

Bubblegum89 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:45:29

Rules number one and two when ttc: don’t read tests after the time frame and don’t take your test apart! I don’t see anything on either of those, sorry. I think you should wait at least another week to test again. I’m sorry to hear you had a mc also. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now