Talk

Advanced search

Help with dates

(13 Posts)
BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:22:25

Hi, I found out yesterday that I am pregnant. Bit if a shock after 8 years of infertility and we had long ago stopped being interested in being pregnant since our DS came home 3 years ago through adoption, we are happy but very nervous.

I can't remember when my last period was. I usually come on mid-month ish and feel my body doing the ovulation thing around the start of the month. I have had real period like cramps since 17 November which is when I thought I was due so Dr said I'm probably only 2 weeks but I did a clear blue digital and it said 3+ weeks. So I'm wondering if maybe i didn't have a period in October, I genuinely can't remember and my brain is mush. Both the clear blue tests i did came out pretty strong positives. Does anyone know if the digital ones are pretty accurate? Why would it otherwise say 3+?

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:27:29

If you were due your period around 17th November then you'd probably be more like 6 weeks pregnant as counted from your last period, so a digital would indeed say 3+. Your last period probably WAS in October.

If you're really confused you can request an early scan for dating but if you had a period in mid Oct it all sounds fairly straightforward and you are approximately 6 weeks.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:28:50

Ps digital (confusingly) counts weeks since conception but pregnancy itself is dated from last period, so 3+ weeks since conception on a digital indicates 5+ weeks pregnant.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:31:10

Thank you Queen! That's helped some of the confusion. I'm at a higher risk for ectopic so I'll be referred for scan at my booking appointment which they've booked in for Tuesday next week. I might be over the shock by then.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:34:48

Good luck with the pregnancy! I hope it goes smoothly.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:35:31

Thank you sad

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:35:52

That should've been smile not sad

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:37:26

Do you know whether if they do an early scan they would do it at 7 weeks since last period or 7 weeks from when conception happened?

WishfulThinking27 Sat 02-Dec-17 13:39:49

Congratulations! A 7 week scan would be dated from the first day of your last period.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:43:02

Oh good, so hopefully not too long to wait until I can have a scab then. I'm So Worried It'll Be ectopic or MMC etc. I've never been pregnant before so am just picking my way through all the random symptoms!

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:48:03

Scan not scab!

WishfulThinking27 Sat 02-Dec-17 13:54:37

You don't have too long to wait OP. Hope everything is OK.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:55:07

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now