Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Help with dates

(13 Posts)
BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:22:25

Hi, I found out yesterday that I am pregnant. Bit if a shock after 8 years of infertility and we had long ago stopped being interested in being pregnant since our DS came home 3 years ago through adoption, we are happy but very nervous.

I can't remember when my last period was. I usually come on mid-month ish and feel my body doing the ovulation thing around the start of the month. I have had real period like cramps since 17 November which is when I thought I was due so Dr said I'm probably only 2 weeks but I did a clear blue digital and it said 3+ weeks. So I'm wondering if maybe i didn't have a period in October, I genuinely can't remember and my brain is mush. Both the clear blue tests i did came out pretty strong positives. Does anyone know if the digital ones are pretty accurate? Why would it otherwise say 3+?

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:27:29

If you were due your period around 17th November then you'd probably be more like 6 weeks pregnant as counted from your last period, so a digital would indeed say 3+. Your last period probably WAS in October.

If you're really confused you can request an early scan for dating but if you had a period in mid Oct it all sounds fairly straightforward and you are approximately 6 weeks.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:28:50

Ps digital (confusingly) counts weeks since conception but pregnancy itself is dated from last period, so 3+ weeks since conception on a digital indicates 5+ weeks pregnant.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:31:10

Thank you Queen! That's helped some of the confusion. I'm at a higher risk for ectopic so I'll be referred for scan at my booking appointment which they've booked in for Tuesday next week. I might be over the shock by then.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 02-Dec-17 13:34:48

Good luck with the pregnancy! I hope it goes smoothly.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:35:31

Thank you sad

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:35:52

That should've been smile not sad

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:37:26

Do you know whether if they do an early scan they would do it at 7 weeks since last period or 7 weeks from when conception happened?

WishfulThinking27 Sat 02-Dec-17 13:39:49

Congratulations! A 7 week scan would be dated from the first day of your last period.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:43:02

Oh good, so hopefully not too long to wait until I can have a scab then. I'm So Worried It'll Be ectopic or MMC etc. I've never been pregnant before so am just picking my way through all the random symptoms!

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:48:03

Scan not scab!

WishfulThinking27 Sat 02-Dec-17 13:54:37

You don't have too long to wait OP. Hope everything is OK.

BuffalotheGruffalo Sat 02-Dec-17 13:55:07

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: