Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Heavy periods and getting pregnant

(2 Posts)
Karigan1 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:53:44

Hi I’m new here. Last week my partner tells me he wants a kid. I would like that very much but odds are against us. I just turned 40 and when not onnthe pull I get heavy bleeds with intermittent bleeding in between periods. I had this investigated and they said it’s because I develop super thick walls.

Has anyone else had this and still conceived or is it likely to be a problem?

Kind if hoping that as the main problem with age is wall thinning they may balance each other out!!!

Anyone with any tips it would be good. Didn’t start the new pill pack this week and started taking vitamins to start preparing but what else might help!

Bellamuerte Fri 01-Dec-17 11:01:42

Mine are very heavy and I have fibroids. I'm two years younger than you and it took me approx. 10 months to get pregnant (but I wasn't on the pill so didn't have to spend a couple of months waiting for my fertility to return to normal). Make sure you're taking folic acid as part of your vitamin supplement. It's also worth getting a general checkup from your GP and let them know you're trying to conceive, as if you're over 35 and aren't pregnant after six months they can start investigating. If you do need help, the sooner you get it the better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: