Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK, AF due!!

(9 Posts)
Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:41:44

I'm 17dpo and I'm due today. I had no pregnancy tests so I used an OPK, I got a dark positive right away! I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I've seen other people have ended up being pregnant?! Has anyone else been in the same situation? confused

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:33:08

Yes its possible! Do a preg test! I used OPKs when i got preg with my 3rd. They pick up hcg because they have similar molecular structures (albeit not exactly the same).

Blahblahblahzeeblah Fri 01-Dec-17 11:37:08

Oops can and do show as positive when pregnant. I would start OPKs about 5 days before I expected a positive and one month (after a v light period) got a positive OPK on day 10. It was because I was actually pregnant.

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:48:12

I was fascinated when i first discovered it. Im really good at biology its a subject i love and got good grades in. Theres some academic info online on it

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:49:50

Here, take a look at this test experiment. Its quite interesting i thought. I know, im a geek 😂🙈

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnN1pwFN3RQ

PizzaPizzaPizza Fri 01-Dec-17 11:50:12

I tested positive on a HPT at 12 dpo and did an OPK afterwards just to see, it was a strong positive!

There’s definitely a chance you’re PG, grab a HPT and good luck!

Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:53:31

Also I found out I was pregnant today, shortly after doing OPK test!!

MerryMarigold Fri 01-Dec-17 17:54:55

Congratulations.

Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:57:14

Thank you! Definitely felt under the weather. Throwing up from 7dpo, constipation, immense bloating, heavy uterus, headaches and nipple twinging. I feel constantly nauseous. No implantation bleeding either! Which I think is why I didn't get my hopes up too much. Thank you everyone, I'm so happy also conceive plus is a god send

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now