Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Positive OPK, AF due!!

(9 Posts)
Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:41:44

I'm 17dpo and I'm due today. I had no pregnancy tests so I used an OPK, I got a dark positive right away! I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I've seen other people have ended up being pregnant?! Has anyone else been in the same situation? confused

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:33:08

Yes its possible! Do a preg test! I used OPKs when i got preg with my 3rd. They pick up hcg because they have similar molecular structures (albeit not exactly the same).

Blahblahblahzeeblah Fri 01-Dec-17 11:37:08

Oops can and do show as positive when pregnant. I would start OPKs about 5 days before I expected a positive and one month (after a v light period) got a positive OPK on day 10. It was because I was actually pregnant.

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:48:12

I was fascinated when i first discovered it. Im really good at biology its a subject i love and got good grades in. Theres some academic info online on it

HoneyCake86 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:49:50

Here, take a look at this test experiment. Its quite interesting i thought. I know, im a geek 😂🙈

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnN1pwFN3RQ

PizzaPizzaPizza Fri 01-Dec-17 11:50:12

I tested positive on a HPT at 12 dpo and did an OPK afterwards just to see, it was a strong positive!

There’s definitely a chance you’re PG, grab a HPT and good luck!

Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:53:31

Also I found out I was pregnant today, shortly after doing OPK test!!

MerryMarigold Fri 01-Dec-17 17:54:55

Congratulations.

Erryn96 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:57:14

Thank you! Definitely felt under the weather. Throwing up from 7dpo, constipation, immense bloating, heavy uterus, headaches and nipple twinging. I feel constantly nauseous. No implantation bleeding either! Which I think is why I didn't get my hopes up too much. Thank you everyone, I'm so happy also conceive plus is a god send

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: