Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant...seems to early for a possitive test though.

(26 Posts)
Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 03:43:25

Ok back story. Did the deed 18th. Got what I think is a possitive pregnancy test today. But unsure. Been tracking ovulation and the dates dont neccessary match up so im suoer confused.

Anyone offer an oppinion on this?

I had an ectopic in june and a chemical pregnancy in jan so as ypu can imagine my anixity is sky high.

Feeling rediculously hormonal too.....

Thanks ladies

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 03:47:35

And yes I am wide awake pondering over this all night :-(

purpleviolet1 Wed 29-Nov-17 03:59:44

Definitely looks like a positive! If you ovulated on the 19th that's still 10 dpo so it is possible I think... how long is your cycle usually? When was your last period?

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 04:15:43

I have a 30 day cycle last period 9/11

I got faint positive ovulation kit 22nd strong 23rd but symptoms ovulation days before ie the pain and hormones.

Now this.

My periods not due for ages.

Super confused.

Think i will just test again few days maybe and try to not think until periods due.

Reppin Wed 29-Nov-17 04:51:31

What are those tests supposed to look like as I can see three lines! They are very far apart though, so evaporation lines?

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 06:10:07

The 3rd line is the edge of the test but it always had a line to it even when dry i think

But youre right hense confusion...

Justoneme Wed 29-Nov-17 06:29:57

Is that a pregnancy test?! .... if yes you are definitely pregnant 😍

physicskate Wed 29-Nov-17 06:55:58

Are you sure that isn't an opk? The cheaply pregnancy tests tend to be green but say hcg on the green or are blue?? That's a ridiculous positive for 10 dpo on ic!!!

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 07:00:50

It did about 3 times at the very tip of the test just not all the way down.

Only reasonable answer is a)im alot further then i think b)its broken c)my hormones are even more broke then i realised.

Stee1 Wed 29-Nov-17 07:47:06

I'm sure that's an opk is it's what I use?

QueenAravisOfArchenland Wed 29-Nov-17 08:02:32

I have to agree that that looks like an OPK... The pregnancy tests that are tipped in green all clearly say "hCG" on them.

purpleviolet1 Wed 29-Nov-17 08:39:07

Get a FRER today

Bubblegum89 Wed 29-Nov-17 09:27:41

That’s an opk is it not? The IC pregnancy tests are either green with HCG written on them or they’re blue. If it’s an opk, then you will almost always get a second line on it

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 10:00:26

I am at the hospital friday anyways so I will get them to check my bloods for me then.

Couldnt be worse timing. But what will be will be.

We shall see.

physicskate Wed 29-Nov-17 18:19:56

They won't just do bloods because you want them to - you can't put in a bloods order form for yourself. Take an actual pregnancy test. Any reasonable doctor would want you to do that to rule out (or in) pregnancy.

From this opk, there is absolutely no suggestion your hormones are messed up. That would require other evidence.

BandhaAid Wed 29-Nov-17 19:07:28

Looks like a positive OPK, which means you are ovulating at the moment!

Ecureuil Wed 29-Nov-17 19:10:03

That’s a positive OPK isn’t it?

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 19:10:22

Ive been seeing a fertility dr for 8 years. Its who I am seeing friday. I have been told in past due to previous history they will monitor my bloods from the get go.

Had an operation 6 weeks ago and got told to avoid pregnancy for 3 months afterwards.

So bad timing all round.

Did an other pregnancy test again today positive again. So thats promising.

I cant help but think I must be further along then I think.

Littlelondoner Wed 29-Nov-17 19:11:59

And nope its deffiantly a pregnancy test my fongers just over the writing which didnt go all the way down.

Taken enough pregnancy tests over the years got the hang of them now 😉

BandhaAid Wed 29-Nov-17 19:13:59

Congratulations!

purpleviolet1 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:53:22

Congrats!! Keep us posted. Hope all goes well

HoneyCake86 Wed 29-Nov-17 22:24:01

Just thought id add as we are didcussing opks OPKs can pick up pregnancy hormones, because hcg and lh have a similar molecular structure. With my 3rd, an opk AND the preg test were both positive

Littlelondoner Sat 02-Dec-17 11:12:24

So my bloods put me at about 8 weeks. Going for further bloods monday and a scan in the week.

Knew it was werid....still not being optimystic. But time will tell.

ferrier Sat 02-Dec-17 11:20:37

Congratulations flowers
Hope all goes well for you.

purpleviolet1 Sat 02-Dec-17 11:54:23

You must have conceived just before or after the op then?! Congratulations. I know the feeling of being scared / cautiously excited. Hopefully scan will go well and each little milestone will help put you at ease! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now