Talk

Advanced search

ADVICE PLEASE?!!

(16 Posts)
Kate8989 Sat 25-Nov-17 11:59:13

Hello!

Ok I have a weird one. Went to bed last night and strarted to get these spasms/contractions almost on my left side near my groin. It’s not unbearable as I haven’t taken any painkillers HOWEVER I’m a worrier and it’s making it worse. They are coming every 5 minutes or so, I am not pregnant (I’m pretth sure) and CD40 today so really due a period anytime.

Has anyone else been through this!?

Bubblegum89 Sat 25-Nov-17 12:07:46

I get this also. Almost every month. I don’t know what it is so can’t be any help but I wouldn’t worry too much about it as it doesn’t seem to be anything terrible! If the pain does get unbearable, speak to a dr though

wasMissD Sat 25-Nov-17 12:11:19

I had this when I was first pregnant on my right side (not implying you are!) so if period is due, could be hormonal?

Kate8989 Sat 25-Nov-17 13:30:12

Thanks for the advice ladies. It’s still there, these weird spasms that kinda radiate down the top of my leg. I’m also starting to feel nauseous but I don’t know if that’s because I’m worrying and my stomachs all churned.

I’ve done the worst thing possible and Googled by symptoms which has not helped at all! I’ll see how it goes over the next few days and if still there I will book in to see DR

wasMissD Sat 25-Nov-17 13:33:21

Mine went down my leg as well. I was terrified it was an ectopic pregnancy (thanks to google). But my doctor said when he pressed on it I would have hit him in the face ha ha.
If you're worried, go see your doctor on Monday or ring 111 for advice over weekend 🙂

Kate8989 Sat 25-Nov-17 16:59:24

Oh don’t! Google is heaven and hell. So far I’ve had cysts, ectopic pregnancy (even though I don’t think I’m pregnant!) , hernia.... the list goes on!

Thank you, I will give it til Tues, then probs head to the docs. I did a PG test on Thursday( CD 38) but got a negative. So that’s why I ruled out pregnancy. It was a cheapie from ASDA which I did in the evening, whether that would have effected the result I don’t know?!

I just don’t know what my bodies doing!!!! I kinda miss the pill ha ha

Bubblegum89 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:03:18

I suffer badly with health anxiety. Do not google symptoms ever!! What you’re describing is similar to pains I have some months. I get the spasms/twinges in one side that goes down my legs. Have you recently come off birth control by any chance?

Kate8989 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:12:34

It’s awful isn’t it. I was on my own last night so sat in bed crying at the pain because I was scared what it could be. Rang Mum first thing for a bit of advice ha ha.

Yes I came off Bc in sept, had my period on 16tb Oct so was really hopeful I’d have a normal cycle quite quickly. Now I’m at CD40 and nothing. I’m so disappointed 😔

wasMissD Sat 25-Nov-17 17:44:55

Aw fingers crossed for you and keep us posted. If you're not in agony, it's probably nothing. My doc told me there's some sort of nerve around there which he thought mine was.
Google is evil ha ha

wasMissD Sat 25-Nov-17 17:45:48

Also, try a test in the morning, when your hormones are at their highest.

Bubblegum89 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:51:46

I came off birth control and stared having those pains and they ended up so bad that I ended up at the hospital because they thought I had appendicitis or a ruptured ovarian cyst. There was neither and they said that it can be a reaction to coming off contraception (even though I’d never had it before after coming off it) apparently you can get inflammation. I’ve had it since then but much milder but I’m not sure what it is now!

Kate8989 Sat 25-Nov-17 18:08:49

Oh bless your heart, you must have been in a lot of pain for them to think you had either of those. I’m pleased to hear it’s got milder now though, do you take any meds or use a hot water bottle to ease the pain?

I know this sounds ridiculous, because I’ve tested all week and it’s been negative I kind of don’t want the disappointment again 😂 stupid I know! I would love a period, something! My body wants to do something but not sure what yet ha ha

wasMissD Mon 27-Nov-17 16:19:21

Hi OP, how you feeling?

Kate8989 Mon 27-Nov-17 17:09:14

Hey,
I’m loads better thank you! The pain went on Saturday evening. Still no AF, I’m adamant I’m not pregnant. Think I’ve just missed a cycle sadly confused

wasMissD Mon 27-Nov-17 19:36:32

Bless you, glad it's gone. Our bodies are so weird ha ha. Take care smile

Kate8989 Thu 30-Nov-17 19:23:19

Well....cant really call this an update.

Ha ha after all the twinges and pains I’ve had, still haven’t come on. I’m too scared to do a pregnancy test as I can’t face the dispappintment. I think all the stress of waiting for my period has kinda stopped it for this month maybe?!? My first period after pill was 30something days which I was overjoyed with. Now nothing..... the female body is strange ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now