Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

BBT question

(4 Posts)
Presh12345 Wed 22-Nov-17 02:30:03

I've just recently started temping but have a question. Does temping still work if I have a really restless nights sleep? I thought the whole point was to take it while rested and just immediately after waking? But if I have been tossing and turning all night, will it not then be inaccurate?

Polly99 Wed 22-Nov-17 06:37:19

It may well be inaccurate. My temp is often higher if I have had disturbed sleep. If the temp seems v out of whack with the ones either side, just make a note of what happened and disregard it when you look at the chart as a whole.
The exception would I guess if it is one of the three following ovulation - then some data from other signed (OPK or ewcm) would be helpful in corroborating what has happened.

Flybynight1 Wed 22-Nov-17 06:37:29

It can do, but hopefully you have just 1 night like that so it doesn't have an overall impact to your pattern

BertieBotts Wed 22-Nov-17 06:41:57

The only thing you can do is mark the temp anyway and look at it in context a few days later. I don't find disturbed sleep affects mine, just if I get up later than usual.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: