Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My TTC Journey #BFP #PCOSsuccess #curvy #vividdreams #justshaggingsuccess

(16 Posts)
peachesarenom Sun 12-Nov-17 17:08:19

Hi everyone, especially those who I have been chatting to over the last few months!

I think I've got a BFP Obviously anything can happen at this early point but I wanted to share my journey in case it helps anyone.

In 2010 I was sick of GPs telling me I probably had pcos so I asked for a test. They sent me for an internal (eww!) ultrasound. I had the results from a visiting GP who said 'probably' also, 'you've got a fibroid. I was young, free and single so I didn't really care.

By 2013 I was engaged and had moved across the country where I was lonely and began to be anxious and depressed.

Summer 2015 I finally convinced my now husband to move closer to home. So both of us were in between jobs when we failed to use contraception. I had a massive panic and took the morning after pill. I regret that now. Had the period.

I was in a pretty bad way mental health wise. That Nov/Dec I realised that I had not had a period for 7 months. It finally arrived and after a week I thought it was coming to an end. I was in my mil's guest bedroom when I woke up in the middle of the night covered in blood. She is not the kind of person you can easily talk too. I cried so hard I can't tell you. My husband sorted the sheets and tried to comfort me as best he could. I phoned the nhs and they said it was prolly a miscarriage and to take a pregnancy test to check. It was negative. The period lasted 6 weeks.

When I returned home I visited my GP, she gave me a referral to slimming world. I lost not very much weight really and my periods came back. They were still irregular due to pcos but within the 'normal range' at 32 days on average. I was at risk of developing diabetes imminently but due to changes made managed to avoid it.

After going through a course of cbt I felt a lot better which of course was also helped by the move. My husband and I decided to TTC in Nov/Dec 2016.

Jan 2017 we had, lets say a 'relationship blip'. We were not using contraception but we were also not having much sex. Neither of us had much idea of a 'fertile window' just GP advice of shagging every other day. Which was not happening given the situation.

Post marriage counselling we thought we better start making a real effort. We also thought there was probably something wrong with one or both of us. Our GP prescribed me metformin to use 'off label' and also recommended buying 'inofolic' off the internet. I didn't like the sound of that so didn't buy any.

August 2017 we bought a clear blue fertility monitor and I started POAS. I was really excited to see that I was having a LH surge. A lot of shagging took place. BFN.

September. No LH surge. I was devestated. Started thinking I probably wasn't ovulating. Still shagged loads. Every single day of the week I thought was fertile. Symptom spotting like mad. Weird twitches and sharp pains. I POAS so many time the last two weeks. Felt totally beaten with BFN. I had even bit the bullet and bought the inofolic off the internet and taken it for the last two weeks of that cycle. I really thought I was pregnant because I'd had no pmt but that must have been due to the inofolic. GP told me ovulation tests are bollocks and just make people anxious.

I went back to the GP and asked for a fertility referall. I had several hormone checks on day 3 of cycle. I had to have other checks like to see if I had had the rubella vaccination at school. I also had to have a smear test. I have never had one before because I'm so squeamish. I had a day 21 test on day 25 due to my irregular cycles. It was our best guess. My ultrasound to check on pcos is this week! Hubby has sperm test in december. GP told me that IVF had just been stopped in our area. Mums net forums told me my BMI was too high for clomid! It did not look positive! I felt better though as I thought 'something is being done'. I realised I hadn't been taking the right dose of metformin and carried on the inofolic.

I decided to take it easy while waiting for tests as I wanted to prioritise my mental health and prepare for possible medical interventions. We just had sex when we felt like it. I think we only did it 3 times. Once with a joint orgasm. Although I'm sure that's not necessary.

I had felt a bit dizzy. I got lost on the way to work one day and had started eating more regularly instead of skipping meals. All unusual for me. I also had really vivid dreams. Scary ones. I started a thread about them.

It was our 6 year anniversary yesterday. Day 32 of my cycle. I was having AF symptoms but I collected a sample to test as I thought it would be amazing if we got a BFP on a special day for us. We had to go out, so were out for a while. Forgot to get a test.

I finally convinced my husband to go out and get a frer. He argued about the cost but agreed. Came back with a clear blue! I chucked them at him and said 'let's hope it's negative so I can get rid of you!'. BFP! I sent him straight out to get a frer this time. He wouldn't go until he'd had some toast. BFP.

His words, 'It's too early to get excited, anything can happen.'

Me inside: super excited. I ran and jumped into his arms three times. He complained that I stood on his foot 3 times!

Good luck everyone!

Somethininthewater Sun 12-Nov-17 21:38:25

I love this story!! Congratulations xx

physicskate Sun 12-Nov-17 21:40:02

Congrats peaches. Very glad you’ve had a happy result!

peachesarenom Sun 12-Nov-17 21:53:40

Thank you Somethininthewater!!! Did I see you on the other board?

physicskate my fingers are crossed for you love! I feel like we're living parallel lives. Feel free to send me a message/find me on other boards.

LG93 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:59:17

Congratulations peaches! I'm hopeful I won't be far behind you on my ttc/pcos journey!!

peachesarenom Sun 12-Nov-17 22:25:54

@LG93 thanks love! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Somethininthewater Mon 13-Nov-17 13:57:36

Yes I was over there. I’m everywhere at the moment! Had no proper period since 5th October and still getting bfn. Just tweaked a pic of an IC I just did and there’s a possible pathetic squinter on there. Fed up guessing now!

peachesarenom Mon 13-Nov-17 15:01:50

@Somethininthewater time to gobto your gp?

Somethininthewater Mon 13-Nov-17 15:29:38

Already been! Had bloods done last week and came back negative for hcg.

Somethininthewater Mon 13-Nov-17 15:41:27

I’m not imagining this am I? It’s ridiculously faint!

Owlpatrol Mon 13-Nov-17 18:40:22

Aw I loved this story. Really real life and actually bought a tear to my eye. Congratulations! Xxx

peachesarenom Tue 14-Nov-17 23:04:47

Oh Somethininthewater what is going on?! You must be so confused!

Owlpatrol thank you!

Somethininthewater Wed 15-Nov-17 12:58:54

I’ve no idea?! Negative frer but had 3 squinters on Superdrug ones!
My boobs are leaking today, I’m so bloated I can’t fasten my jeans!! Going out of my mind!

physicskate Wed 15-Nov-17 18:02:15

Leaking? Have you been tested for prolactin levels? Are you breastfeeding or have you given birth in the last year?

Somethininthewater Wed 15-Nov-17 21:38:29

No. I stopped bf about a year ago

peachesarenom Wed 15-Nov-17 21:53:39

Gosh. I have no idea what leaking might mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now