Talk

Advanced search

Pregnacare conception

(5 Posts)
rooella Fri 10-Nov-17 15:47:45

I started taking pregnacare conception about 5 days before AF due. I'm now 3 days late and no sign.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I can't tolerate it as its causing so much bloating so have now stopped it. Wish AF would appear so we can get on to the next month.

MouseLove Fri 10-Nov-17 16:06:17

Yes it’s known to cause weird side effects. You really don’t need all those bulking agents. Just folic acid and vitamin d.

webster144 Sat 11-Nov-17 08:35:46

I’ve been using Seven Seas ‘trying for a baby’ tablets since my miscarriage early last month...can’t tell if I’m pregnant again or not but that’s been 4 weeks and no period yet and feeling yucky etc like I did before! grin

They also have great reviews on boots website and they’re inexpensive too!

Hope this helps xx

DontCareBear Sat 11-Nov-17 12:02:52

Hi there,

I wont use pregnacare again. I switched to it after just taking folic acid because the gp said its what they recommend. Low and behold after switching my cycle was super late (im irregular so cant just blame the tablets though) and it meant i missed out on a month of trying again bringing down my chances of conceiving that year.

As i said i dont know if its the tablets or my irregular cycles but we have been ttc for 2 years and my periods are kind of regular atm so im not taking any chances even though i have a whole pack of pregnacare sitting in the draw. Going to Tesco to buy the seven seas folic acid as they seem to be fine for me and cause no side effects. Just eating a good diet alongside this so should get my vitamins that way.

Som women seem to be fine on pregnacare though so its probably just an individual thing.

Good luck to us all! X

LaBelleSausage Sat 11-Nov-17 12:58:35

I thought the whole point of these conception vitamins was to lengthen your luteal phase and increase the chances that your egg will be able to implant.
A longer cycle is a good thing in this instance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now