Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

29dpo (tracking BBT); Cyst? Ectopic? Low HCG?

(6 Posts)
felicityheather Fri 10-Nov-17 10:07:17

Hello!

I am desperately seeking advise or suggestions. I have irregular cycles and often have annovulatory cyles. Because of this, I track my BBT and can therefore tell when I ovulate.

LMP 03-Sep-2017
Suspected Ovulation 13-Oct-2017
Currently 29 dpo.

My temp spikes on the 14th of October, and where previously I had EWCM, it then dried up almost entirely. Within a few days, my breasts got really heavy and veiny as they do typically in my luteal phase. Around 10 dpo, I thought my nipples had darkened and gotten 'bumpier' (they still look this way, as well as very veiny). I also broke out in spots as I typically do in my luteal phase, although worse than usual (spots all over my head, under my hair!). Around 12 dpo, I started light cramping and though my period was on it's way. I did have a tiny bit of brown spotting between 12 - 15 dpo (although super tiny, I had one occurrence most days). I have had more cramping this week. My BBT has stayed elevated now for four weeks. HPT's are consistently negative.

I am now having some symptoms, which may or may not be pregnancy/hormone related. I have that metallic taste in my mouth almost every morning, which I have heard described and never understood before. I also have to wake up to pee most nights now.

I had an appointment with my doctor this morning who said that as my cycles previously have been over 100 days, I should wait until this time period plus two weeks to test!! I worked out this could potentially make me 16 weeks before testing if I followed her advice.

I really believe I ovulated on the 13th, due to the BBT rise and hormonal changes (most particularly my breasts). I don't know what to think now. Is it a cyst? If so will it clear up on its own? Could I be pregnant with low HCG? I've read that ectopic pregnancies don't always show up as positive. Should I be concerned?

I would really appreciate any advice.

Cakelaur Sat 11-Nov-17 13:40:29

Sorry you’re going through this. General rule of thumb is if you’re temps are elevated for 18days then you’re preggo. A friend of mine didn’t show up + on a POAS until after her 12week scan. She had pics of her baby in the scan and still tested negative! So don’t loose hope. If you’re temps are up and you have no period then I’d say at 29dpo then you’re more than likely to be pregnant. See if your gp can do an early scan. Or get a blood test to check. Hope you get your answer soon.

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:13

Your gp sounds a bit dumb and I’d start by changing GPs. If you don’t have periods for over 3 months, you should have been referred. In addition, getting a bleed after than long doesn’t mean you’ve ovulated- it’s likely just a breakthrough bleed.

Unfortunately, if you’ve done hpt properly and they come negative, you aren’t pregnant. The amount of hormones required to come up on FRER are so minuscule that they tend to show up 10-12 days after ovulation. Perhaps your symptoms are due to some hormonal problems or psychosomatic.

Nikki2ol6 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:54:41

I heard if the temp stays up for 18days plus then you are for sure pregnant. Why didn’t the gp take bloods? I’d see a different gp and ask for bloods

felicityheather Sun 12-Nov-17 14:49:01

I've got an appointment on the 22nd so hopefully will bully them into it then! But I'm assuming it will be 0 or low again as my Urine tests are negative.

felicityheather Wed 22-Nov-17 11:38:00

So gp says there's nothing to do. Didn't take bloods. Tested for a uti. Says maybe stress is delaying my period. I felt like shouting! Stress can delay ovulation, but not a period once you've ovulated! I have no idea what to do. Have been cramping all week badly. Still nothing happening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: