Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm confused over dates and faint line tests!

(4 Posts)
webster144 Fri 10-Nov-17 07:36:39

Since miscarriage on 13th Oct I calculated roughly that 4 weeks from now my period would come (I know periods can take much longer, but my periods were like clockwork before!) please note I had confirmation that hormones had fully left in last week of Oct.

Anyway, no show of period and still not had a clear positive test.

I’ve been taking blue dye tests up until this morning and been getting faint lines on them too last few days, and then I decided to take some pink dye tests this morning. If I look at tests right, I can see an extremely faint line!

Had to edit it to actually even see it properly but I hope I’m not imaging it.

My mind is driving me crazy because I don’t know if I’m pregnant or not, I have some symptoms but right now I would of course prefer I found out I was pregnant, but if my period started at least it would end my torment as I’m going crazy! I have all symptoms I had last time apart from aching boobs, which also was a symptom of my period so the fact I don’t have them is also confusing?

Could I just be waaaaay off with my dates?

Opinions anyone much appreciated! grin

BertieBotts Fri 10-Nov-17 07:41:37

So basically after a miscarriage, sometimes you ovulate as normal and sometimes you'll ovulate later. Unfortunately unless you've been temping there's no way to actually tell.

I think I can see a hint of a line on that test but it's not strong enough to be sure. I do know that when you're getting squinters it means you're in really small numbers only just on the cusp of what the test will pick up, so I would advise you leave it for as long as you can stand to test, minimum 2 or 3 days. This should give chance for the hCG to build up to acceptable levels to show more clearly on the test.

If you keep testing in the interim it will just make the torment worse because you won't get any clearer answers. Do something nice and distracting for now.

MouseLove Fri 10-Nov-17 07:41:54

Unfortunately I’d probably say you’re not pregnant if tests are negative. Your body can take a while to get back to normal after a miscarriage too. Sorry for your loss. But please stop testing and just let your body recover. Sadly my cycles have changed since my mmc in February so please don’t expect things to be exactly the way they were before. X

JoJoSM2 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:50:48

I’m sorry but I can’t see any lines (other than the control one). Ovulation after a miscarriage might be unpredictable. I agree that you could try in a few days if you don’t get your period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now