Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Spotting? What's going on?

(10 Posts)
AngelBeans Thu 09-Nov-17 18:32:04

Hi everyone,

I've had quite a few symptoms during the two week wait that I got when I was pregnant with my first child and don't normally have before my period. Have white cm, bad breast pain and bits of cramping. At 12dpo I got pink spotting and thought I was implantation.

That was two days ago, yesterday it was still pink but last night got a little heavier with some dark brown and a little bright red with mild cramping. Today I've had bright red like a very like period with mild cramping, mostly when wiping, not had much on pads. My period would notmally be heavy by day 3, but this is relatively light. This all started 6 days before my period was due, its still not due for 2 days. It isn't behaving like a normal period. confused Did a test this morning and got bfn. Any thoughts? Is there any possible chance this is still implantation or am I on the AF train and out of the game this month?

Would really appreciate your thoughts.
X

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 19:14:45

I’d say that sadly sounds like a normal period to me. Sorry!!! Fx for next month. X

AngelBeans Thu 09-Nov-17 19:53:32

I thought so, feels like my body is really taking the mick. confused x

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 20:21:52

Mine takes the mick every month!! 😕

AngelBeans Thu 09-Nov-17 21:07:56

Fingers crossed for you this month flowers

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 21:22:40

Well I just entered month 15 so I’m not holding out much hope. It’s quite depressing really. 😕

purplemanholecover Thu 09-Nov-17 22:48:08

I just came on to post pretty much the same question... we have been TTC since January and my period is due tomorrow. On Monday I started to get everything you described... blood only when I wipe, but has been from pink to red to brown and back again several times... the really weird thing about mine though is I get no blood all day (only when wiping) but when I get home at night I get slightly more! So frustrating! I’ll test tomorrow just so I can stop tormenting myself, it’s so hard! sad

Bubblegum89 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:53:07

Sorry but that definitely sounds like a period to me too. My body has done this countless times in the last 12 months of ttc. Getting “symptoms” I never usually get is what my body does best lol good luck for next cycle smile

AngelBeans Sat 11-Nov-17 15:54:33

starSending lots of baby dust your waystar

Sammyclaire22 Sat 11-Nov-17 20:30:57

Dont dispair- I had spotting in my tww (hopes well up) and got bfns then after that had what I thought was my period (right on cue with normal heaviness and length).
A week later tested again (day 2 of fw) to prove to myself my still swollen boobs were a side effect of iron tablets and got a bfp! Still waiting to see the gp to confirm as only found out Friday though.
My advice would be to assume the worst so you dont miss your fw (i nearly did! I felt like poo all week and had been putting off doing the baby dance) but if you are pregnant it will be clear sooner or later. Fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: