Talk

Advanced search

Low bbt after ovulation

(11 Posts)
Djmarbella Thu 09-Nov-17 15:38:02

Hi all!
Only been temping for just over a month so pretty new to this. Last year we were pregnant but ended in miscarriage and we have been trying ever since with no luck so decided to start taking my bbt every morning at the same time. I can see the ovulation dip but after this my temps seem to be about the same as before ovulation. Any ideas? I have attached a picture smile

florafoxtrot Thu 09-Nov-17 15:43:44

hi marbella - I agree that your temps do not clearly indicate that you have ovulated... a temp dip is not always seen and its the temp rise that you are looking for.
how long are your normal cycles? is it possible you've not ovulated yet?
and final question! are you using a BBT that tracks to 2 decimal places?

Djmarbella Thu 09-Nov-17 17:02:51

Thanks for your reply smile
I had a positive opk and the cramps so pretty sure i did ovulate but temp just doesnt rise sad
Im using a 00.00 baby mad bbt thermometer.
Cycles normally 30 days long and have a 2 week lutheal fase.
So confused by my bbt chart!

NimbleKnitter Thu 09-Nov-17 17:21:35

Positive opk only indictees body is gearing up to ovulate, not that it does.

I agree - doesn’t look like you’ve ovulated yet

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 17:29:11

I’d say that your body is trying, but you’re not actually ovulating. A good way to test this theory is ask your doctor for 21 day bloods. This is usually done 7 days after you “ovulate” or 7 days before your period if you have regular 28 day cycles.

Djmarbella Thu 09-Nov-17 18:51:29

Thanks for your replies smile
I have an appointment with gyno next month as its been a year since miscarriage to check things over.
If i have not been ovulating for the past year i will be pretty annoyed with them as i have asked for tests but they said tests can only be done after 1 year of trying!
I will ask about the 21 day blood test.
Is there any other tests i should ask them to do that you guys would recommend?

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 18:59:30

Ask them to check your thyroid too. X

Djmarbella Fri 10-Nov-17 10:40:42

Well i caved as i am on day 22 of my cycle i went to see the gyno and she did an ultrasound and can see i have ovulated, eggs are healthy but cant understand why bbt is low. Had blood drawn and should get results next week so will keep you updated x

florafoxtrot Fri 10-Nov-17 15:54:37

That's interesting, maybe a progesterone deficiency. Definitely keep us updated

SchnitzelVonCrummsTum Fri 10-Nov-17 16:07:23

How are you taking your temp - oral or vaginal? Vaginal can be better when it comes to spotting thermal shifts.

Djmarbella Fri 10-Nov-17 17:27:35

Could be low progesterone or something simpler like mouth breathing while sleeping apparently can lower bbt. Lets hope its that haha!
I take my temp orally but might change to vaginally next cycle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: