Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC after 1st miscarriage

(10 Posts)
Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:31:41

I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. First one I have ever had. When can we start trying again, and when will I get my first period?
Will I be ovulating now? How can I check?
All I can think about is getting pregnant again!

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:53:04

Sorry about your miscarriage. Fertility can be higher after one so I’ll get going (unless we’re talking about a very late loss in which case I’d speak to your doctor about it).

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 15:58:40

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I miscarried in October, it took me about two weeks to finish bleeding. Then I monitored my HCG levels and took opks at the same time. I got my first negative HCG test the same day my lutual surge started. I'm currently 9dpo.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:06:20

It was only very early. My doctor advised waiting 3 months but I wanted to know if people have conceived successfully before that as I'm impatient.
So if I buy a pregnancy test and monitor the remaining HCG levels and an ovulation testing kit, that's the way to go for now?
Sorry if this is TMI, but I am still bleeding very lightly and it's now mucusy like discharge goes when you are ovulating. Could that be a sign??

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 16:31:20

Honestly? I was still bleeding lightly when I had my surge and started TTC again. I admit I was not at my most rational at that point. I had been TTC for 18 months when I got pregnant and I was devastated to lose it. Additionally a midwife told me that I'd 'never be that fertile again' and to crack on with things. Rationally I would probably have been better to wait until I felt emotionally stronger. I cried every time we had sex and it was very difficult for my poor husband as I was insistent that we had sex then cried for hours afterwards. However I was clear that it was what I wanted to do at the time.

I'll let you know if it was worth the heartache when I test on Monday.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:51:02

I hope you get your bfp on Monday Si1ver! Keep us posted.

I'm going to Boots tomorrow to get some pregnancy tests, ovulation tests and vitamins. Fingers crossed!

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 17:36:16

Honestly I’d wait until your body recovers. Stops bleeding and you have a full period. I know this probably sounds silly but you’ve just experienced a trauma and it’s good for dating another pregnancy.

Sorry for your loss. I took 4 months to grieve after my 10 week loss in February. I think that got me over the desperate feeling to be pregnant again.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:45:48

No it's not silly at all- It makes perfect sense. I don't want to rush in to it and cause any harm.

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 18:23:13

Yes, I think that @MouseLove is right and that's the right thing to do.

Honestly there was no telling me that post miscarriage, all I wanted was to try again. With hindsight physically and emotionally waiting a cycle would have been better.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:57:25

Think I'll have to get Xmas out of the way and make it my New Years resolution to have a baby wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: