Talk

Advanced search

TTC after 1st miscarriage

(10 Posts)
Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:31:41

I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. First one I have ever had. When can we start trying again, and when will I get my first period?
Will I be ovulating now? How can I check?
All I can think about is getting pregnant again!

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:53:04

Sorry about your miscarriage. Fertility can be higher after one so I’ll get going (unless we’re talking about a very late loss in which case I’d speak to your doctor about it).

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 15:58:40

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I miscarried in October, it took me about two weeks to finish bleeding. Then I monitored my HCG levels and took opks at the same time. I got my first negative HCG test the same day my lutual surge started. I'm currently 9dpo.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:06:20

It was only very early. My doctor advised waiting 3 months but I wanted to know if people have conceived successfully before that as I'm impatient.
So if I buy a pregnancy test and monitor the remaining HCG levels and an ovulation testing kit, that's the way to go for now?
Sorry if this is TMI, but I am still bleeding very lightly and it's now mucusy like discharge goes when you are ovulating. Could that be a sign??

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 16:31:20

Honestly? I was still bleeding lightly when I had my surge and started TTC again. I admit I was not at my most rational at that point. I had been TTC for 18 months when I got pregnant and I was devastated to lose it. Additionally a midwife told me that I'd 'never be that fertile again' and to crack on with things. Rationally I would probably have been better to wait until I felt emotionally stronger. I cried every time we had sex and it was very difficult for my poor husband as I was insistent that we had sex then cried for hours afterwards. However I was clear that it was what I wanted to do at the time.

I'll let you know if it was worth the heartache when I test on Monday.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:51:02

I hope you get your bfp on Monday Si1ver! Keep us posted.

I'm going to Boots tomorrow to get some pregnancy tests, ovulation tests and vitamins. Fingers crossed!

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 17:36:16

Honestly I’d wait until your body recovers. Stops bleeding and you have a full period. I know this probably sounds silly but you’ve just experienced a trauma and it’s good for dating another pregnancy.

Sorry for your loss. I took 4 months to grieve after my 10 week loss in February. I think that got me over the desperate feeling to be pregnant again.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:45:48

No it's not silly at all- It makes perfect sense. I don't want to rush in to it and cause any harm.

Si1ver Thu 09-Nov-17 18:23:13

Yes, I think that @MouseLove is right and that's the right thing to do.

Honestly there was no telling me that post miscarriage, all I wanted was to try again. With hindsight physically and emotionally waiting a cycle would have been better.

Smile456 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:57:25

Think I'll have to get Xmas out of the way and make it my New Years resolution to have a baby wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now