Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ways to cheer yourself up

(8 Posts)
Needmorewine Thu 09-Nov-17 14:49:42

Had a good cry earlier & trying to pull self together for going to get DD from school. Not our month. How do you pick yourself up ?

Normally I'd dive headfirst into the dairy milk & wine but been piling on the weight lately and I don't think it will make me feel any better in the long run. Any suggestions ?

PricillaQueenOfTheDesert Thu 09-Nov-17 14:55:48

If you’re hat way inclined, going for a run is very uplifting. But I hear and understand the wine and chocolate.
Binge watch something you love on sky box sets or Netflix, draw the curtains, light a candle, crap tv, maybe a pack of Jaffa cakes (quite low calories apparently)
Bath, face mask, paint toe nails, lush bath bomb.
Kick fallen autum leaves when you and DD walk home from school, throw leaves about like confetti, hunt for conkers.

jimijack Thu 09-Nov-17 14:56:47

I just get my diary out and plan the next month.
Work, social things, things when we are off together, nice walks, tea out, shopping whether it be food or charity shops.
Meal plan, cleaning regimes, any thing really to fill the month, make it normal, pleasant and to get from one end to the other.

Dust off, start again.

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Thu 09-Nov-17 16:34:00

Eat some really really good sashimi.

LookingAtTheStars89 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:49:00

Needmorewine I just bought some Dairy Milk after another BFN lol - we can share if you like? smile x

Needmorewine Thu 09-Nov-17 17:35:22

Thank you everyone for your lovely suggestions - like the idea of sashimi and will get out for a run tomorrow. Had a little wander round the shops post school run and got some bits for me & DD feeling less wobbly now it's just that initial realisation of yet another month it hasn't happened....onwards and upwards

Needmorewine Thu 09-Nov-17 17:35:46

lookingatthestars oh go on then 🤣

Owlpatrol Thu 09-Nov-17 20:58:30

I've just had a new hair cut which had made me feel great and focussed this month! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now