Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brain is about to fall out

(6 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:31:01

I’m about to lose my damn mind. I have had periods from the age of 12. I’m now 28. My cycles have always been 28 days down almost to the hour. When I started ttc in December last year and came off the implant, my periods came back straight away. 28 days as expected and were 28 days since. Using opks every month, I would start to get darker lines on cd10-11 and usually have a strong positive by cd12, ov’ing I’m cd14 and af starting cd28. Like clockwork, honestly.

Cycle 10 and I had no fertile cm around my normal fertile week. I ended up not getting a positive opk until cd18-19 (usually have a positive for two days), ov’d cd20. Af showed up 17 days later. Last cycle, I started getting fertile cm about cd8 and was getting fairly dark lines by cd9, getting a positive opk on cd10, ov’ing cd12. Only a couple of days early and my period showed up 14 days later. Now I’m on cd13 and all my opk’s since cd9 have been negative. Like barely even a ghost of a line. I’ve got creamy cm, no fertile cm.

I know I ovulate as it was confirmed by blood tests. What I don’t understand is what has happened to my cycles? 28 days like clockwork for 16 years and now they’re all over the place. I’ve not done anything different. I’ve not been sick over my last 3 cycles, I’ve not taken any medication/supplements out of the ordinary. Can anyone please please help? What are the possible reasons for this? We have trouble finding time to dtd as OH works nights and I work in the day so knowing when my fertile week is is key but my body is being weird and keeps throwing it off and it’s getting difficult (and super annoying) to plan.

NimbleKnitter Thu 09-Nov-17 14:34:06

Bubble could stress be delaying your ovulation?

Bubblegum89 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:48:00

I don’t think so, I’ve actually been less stressed these last few months than I have been in a while! I know it doesn’t sound like that from the outburst above lol but I thought the really long cycle was just a fluke and last cycle I wasn’t too bothered as I wasn’t massively early ov’ing, only by 2 days so I didn’t even really think about it until now so I’ve not even been stressing about that. I’m more annoyed if anything because I already planned out dtd this week 😒

Bubblegum89 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:26:53

Any ideas?

NimbleKnitter Thu 09-Nov-17 18:44:10

Could be slower from one ovary? They usually alternate, so maybe this month’s ovary ovulates later?

Bubblegum89 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:46:23

Maybe but then would it not then be later every other month? Rather than just randomly 2 out of 12 cycles? I spoke to my GP before, I should have asked her but I got sidetracked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now