Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quite new to this - support for trying to be a bit more strategic?

(2 Posts)
ToastyToasty Thu 09-Nov-17 09:44:06

Hi All
Been lurker for ages & simultaneously overwhelmed & impressed by all the expertise on here! I am beyond blessed to have one DD (3) and have since conceived twice more (one ectopic, one chemical) just by going with my own records of cycle and feelings of ovulation.
I'd like to become a bit more strategic (I'm knocking 38 grin ) but also I'm frightened of becoming too involved in it, as I know that I do have the tendency to become quite obsessive about things if I don't keep it in check, and I have a past history of anxiety and depression, so need to take great care of myself in this respect. I'm generally very healthy so don't think I need to make any particular lifestyle changes but the arrival of AF this morning has just made me think that I need to (carefully) be a bit more (but not too!) strategic.
Anyone else similar, got any tips or just want to chat if they're feeling a bit the same? X

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:01:06

Well, I'm not sure that you need to be more strategic. You've conceived twice although obviously you were very unlucky with how it turned out.

When we first started, we went with when I thought I ovulated. As it didn't happen for a long time, I started using OPK's to be more organised and strategic with it. However, they only ever confirmed that my personal observations/feel had been right in the first place. So I'm not sure that OPKs, temping and doing whatever else is that helpful for everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now