Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation

(20 Posts)
sazzle3 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:36:31

I'm so confused today is cycle day 19 of a 32 day cycle and I still haven't ovulated yet well according to ovulation strips I haven't I am getting a 2nd line but it's barely there. I take one on a morning with fmu then one around 2pm and then 1 just before bed. Could I have missed it??
Ovia is saying my fertile days were Thursday 2nd - Tuesday with ( we dtd) on 3rd,7th And 8th) couldn't manage any other time as have been poorly. Af is due 21st. Last month I got a positive opk on cycle day 20 October 11th but then my period showed up early 10 days later. Could I have ovulated early. I did have some ovulation pains at the weekend with a tiny bit of cm. Xx

Cupcakesandlove Wed 08-Nov-17 19:06:40

Hi,

It’s not suppose to be fmu. Your suppose to do it early afternoon so about 11 onwards.
Also I only have a LP of 10 days so you may ovulate in the next few days.
My ovulation sticks go from nothing to a faint line then suddenly get darker very quickly.

sazzle3 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:18:57

Cheers hun. I say fmu I don't about 7am but I normally have about 3 pees through the night lol xx

Bubblegum89 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:49:57

Having the same issue. I have a 28 day cycle but the last two were a bit weird (ov’d cd20 on one and cd11 on the last cycle) I’m on cd12 now and would normally ov cd14 and start getting dark lines on opks by cd12 but have barely even got a hint of a line. I take my opk’s around 2pm and then again before bed. Maybe it’s just a weird cycle? I guess that’s the only real reason. I do know that it’s common not to ovulate now and again even if you do normally. I know I’m ovulating as it was confirmed with blood tests. Have you had your ovulation confirmed or do you just use opks?

sazzle3 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:14:09

My last 2 periods have been very weird both only 2 days long and very very light ( hardly changing tampon) where before they were 5-7 long and very very heavy to the point I was going through 4-5 boxes. I'm just using opks we have been ttc since end of January I have had a positive opk every month since February for a few months I used clear blue dual ovulation and got the status smiley. I'm hoping I might get a positive tomorrow. Xx

physicskate Wed 08-Nov-17 21:23:46

You said you were poorly. That can delay ovulation. Might be coming up...

sazzle3 Wed 08-Nov-17 22:01:36

Yeh was feeling really sick, going really dizzy all the time it was that bad i fell down the stairs after goibg dizzy i couldn't eat. I get my blood and ecg results tomorrow. I hope so xx

Justoneme Wed 08-Nov-17 22:05:08

Peeing on sticks twice a day here 😂

sazzle3 Thu 09-Nov-17 11:34:51

Well gonna leave it till about 2pm and do one and see if I get a positive or close to a positive. Been told by my docs today that come end of January and we still haven't fallen pregnant then they will so some tests to find out why xx

MouseLove Thu 09-Nov-17 12:26:24

You ideally need to do them between 10am and 8pm if cheapie sticks. No water and no peeing for 4 hours.

OR

Get yourself a digital clearblue kit. There’s no mistaking the results with those unless you have pcos.

Sounds like you have a short luteal phase if you’re ovulating later. I sometimes ovulate as late as CD19 on a 28 day cycle. And usually it’s CD16 on a 25 day cycle. 😑

sazzle3 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:48:21

So today is cycle day 20 and just done a cheapie opk and the 2nd line is starting to get loads darker 😁😁. Hopefully when I do one later tonight about 7 it will be positive or as close as. Best get dtd tonight and for next few days. Wouldn't care I felt a bit wet earlier and went to the toilet and when wiping was cm ( sorry tmi) xx

DontCareBear Fri 10-Nov-17 00:55:21

Hi guys - just throwing in my 2 cents here. I have been ttc for 2 years and never had a positive opk until today! I used clearblue digital test at around 4pm. Im on cd26 with a 33 day cycle (although im quite irregular). I had all the tests and apparently im fine with my progesterone test saying inovulated that month too. So who knows?? I had a lot of ewcm which was why i opk'd today and glad i did as previously i had been doing it around the 16 - 20 day mark so thats probably why its always been negative. Good luck to us all!!! X

sazzle3 Fri 10-Nov-17 11:20:23

So cycle day 21 for me today and finally got my positive opk 😁😁. Best get dtd tonight and tomorrow xx

sazzle3 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:16:28

Well dtd last night will do it again tonight. Hopefully this month is our month xx

sazzle3 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:29:03

So just took another opk and it's more positive than my last one. I'm trying to upload pic but not sure how to coz it doesn't have the paperclip bit to attach I have the s8 my old phone was an iPhone and I could upload when ever . The 2nd line come up immediately and it's darker than the 1st line xx

sazzle3 Sun 12-Nov-17 11:34:47

so this is todays opk smile deffo positive, dtd this morning and will again tomorrow xx

sazzle3 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:16:24

tonights opk smile its so much darker than this afternoons x

sazzle3 Tue 14-Nov-17 07:33:59

So today is 1dpo the tww begins xx

DontCareBear Tue 14-Nov-17 08:05:52

Good luck!! I hope you get your BFP this month! 🤞 and baby dust! X

sazzle3 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:13:58

@dontcarebear thank you. Being ttc since end of January so I really hope this month is my month xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now