Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can TTC change your cycle?

(6 Posts)
chestnut9 Wed 08-Nov-17 14:17:23

Hello all. I'm 35 and we've been TTC for six months. My cycle is usually super regular at 25 days, one day of cramps before then straight into bleeding. Since starting TTC I've had two cycles where I've had weird cramps for a week before, then AF's been a week or so late, and when it did start it wasn't the usual bright red blood but more brownish.

Both times I did pregnancy tests that were negative in the days after the missed period.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could these be very early MCs or can TTC just make your cycle go weird somehow? Would love any insights as feel like I'm going crazy trying to analyse, thanks so much x

MouseLove Wed 08-Nov-17 15:31:17

That actually sounds like your body is trying to regulate. Your cycles at 25 days are short. Realistically too short for pregnancy to work. I say this as I too have 25/26 day cycles and a short luteal phase. Ideally you want them to be 14 days before you ovulate and then another 14 before you get your AF. It sounds like your body is trying to work out when to ovulate. Where in your cycle do you ovulate now? Do you know? And yes, TTC can change things, especially if you’re stressed or unwell.

Bunnyfluffy Wed 08-Nov-17 15:36:41

My cycles were 25 days but like you while TTC I had a couple of times where period was late but pregnancy test negative. I figured it could have been a very early miscarriage. But I’ll never know.

Got my BFP after just over a year. Although we didn’t DTD at the right time every month due to both travelling overseas for work.
Good luck

chestnut9 Wed 08-Nov-17 15:46:57

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking my cycles are quite short. I've been using the Clear Blue OPKs and getting peak fertility on day 12 so guess I'm ovulating on day 14 and then a fairly short luteal phase. Wondering if there's something I can do lengthen it - B vitamins?

Bunnyfluffy - interesting you had 25 day cycles too and the same thing as me. Congrats on your BFP! We travel a lot for work too, makes everything harder for the body I'm sure (stress etc). Fingers crossed for next cycle..... though I've currently just got AF today so think will break out the gin before starting again....

MouseLove Wed 08-Nov-17 17:46:55

Sounds like you actually ovulate on day 13. Which is great with a 25 day cycle. Focus sex from days 12-15 if you can. You should catch it then. I wouldn’t worry at this stage. Honestly our bodies are so complex, don’t always assume the worse. Xxx

chestnut9 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:00:55

Thank you! Really appreciate the advice xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now