Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Doctor said it was negative but ...

(15 Posts)
AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:48:10

So I went to the doctors today to get my pregnancy confirmed. I did a test and he said it was negative but I took a look and there was a very clear positive line! Granted it was fainter than the other line but it was still really clear, much clearer than the pregnancy dye tests I took three days ago! Also I took a digital which said pregnant 1-2 weeks which would be accurate around the time I was ovulating. He is putting me in for a blood test because he doesn’t seem convinced because the line was fainter, which is a bit heartbreaking because I could see the positive line! Has anyone else had this happen? I thought a positive line meant pregnant, faint or not? Here is my clear blue test below. Hopefully it’s not false positive sad

AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:50:29

Here are my others. 3 days before period due.

MouseLove Wed 08-Nov-17 10:51:31

Seems like you have a blind doctor. Congratulations. That’s a positive!!

AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:53:01

He did say he needed to go to specsavers when he was looking at the computer lol!

AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:53:04

He did say he needed to go to specsavers when he was looking at the computer lol!

SleepFreeZone Wed 08-Nov-17 10:54:58

Oh my doctor said the same when the line was faint. I have no idea who is telling them the line has to be as dark as the control. I just assumed the doctor hadn't ever TTC with his wife or girlfriend as otherwise I'm sure he would know A LINE IS A LINE 😜

isthismummy Wed 08-Nov-17 17:34:34

Your doctor is blind. They are very clear positivesflowers

Lime19 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:12:11

I too had this. Dr tilted her head and in a sad voice told me negative as needs to be as dark as control. Anyway, currently 17 weeks with twins.

Polly99 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:16:25

Your doctor doesn’t know how pregnancy tests work.
I’m not sure why they had you do one anyway, since home tests are the same as (sometimes more sensitive than) the ones they have at the doctor.

SleepFreeZone Wed 08-Nov-17 18:18:26

Lime grin

AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:26:32

Thanks guys! I had a spare digital so out of panic and self doubt I did it. Was my third pee and it came positive! The doctor said patronisingly that the tests were VERY sensitive when I tried to say that it might be fainter than the control line because I am still early (period was due today). I was like exactly, they are sensitive which is why I can clearly see a pink line indicating It has picked up the pregnancy hormone! Haha anyway I’m happy for the blood test, the more confirmation the merrier!

Migraleve Wed 08-Nov-17 18:26:42

Doctors do tests to confirm pregnancy still??

Congratulations

Wiggles9408 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:30:54

The clear blue has more common sense than the doctor.... if the test is picking up hcg in your urine then you’re pregnant so a faint line or a dark line... you’re still making the hormone that you make when you’re pregnant. Congratulations!!

HotelEuphoria Wed 08-Nov-17 18:33:59

Well if I got these results when I didn't want to be pregnant I would be shitting a brick.

Congratulations! It looks wonderfully positive.

AELLE7 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:36:50

Thank you all! I’m over the moon, now it’s just the waiting game and hope everything goes smoothly grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: