Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Egg sharing

(4 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:52:47

Has anyone ever done it? I’m yet to have an internal exam (had all my bloods done, had 2 US in the last year and OH has had his semen analysis done; all fine) but I would be willing to bet every penny I own that I have blocked tubes. Scar tissue has been mentioned to me before and I get a lot of weird twinges and cramps in that area all through my cycle. Plus the whole not getting pregnant thing. But I couldn’t afford to do IVF. Not even one time. I already have a daughter from a previous relationship so it’s unlikely I will get any goes on the NHS so private is our only option but I’ve heard people talking about egg sharing as a way to afford IVF treatments. If anyone has any info, that would be greatly appreciated smile

NimbleKnitter Tue 07-Nov-17 23:03:12

It depends on the clinic, so have a look at some near you.

Some things to consider - how much the discounted treatment will be and whether there are any hidden costs (prescriptions etc)

Also, they have a minimum donation. So if you only produce 3 eggs, and that’s the minimum, you have to hand all 3 over and you have to wait until the next go.

Plus you need to think about how you’d feel if another woman had a baby with your eggs, but your treatment is unsuccessful.

Big decision x

Bubblegum89 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:07:04

Thanks nimble I was actually considering becoming an egg donor if it turned out that I couldn’t get pregnant myself anyway, I don’t had any issues with someone else having a baby with my eggs smile as you know, I’m not quite at that stage yet haha but I’m having a down day today and just want to see if there is actually any light at the end of the tunnel potentially if worst comes to worst and private IVF is out of our price range. Will try and have a look into it!

NimbleKnitter Wed 08-Nov-17 10:23:14

That’s exactly why I checked.

Decided I couldn’t do it.

The idea that the only child of mine in the world might be raised by someone else, was too hard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: