Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Five days late but still no BFP

(11 Posts)
PerfectlyPosed Tue 07-Nov-17 12:56:56

DP and I have been trying for our second baby for the last four months or so. Every month before now, my menstrual cycle has been like clockwork. Normally I have a bit of a show before it arrives on the exact day it's due (28 day cycle). However, I was due last Thursday and there is still absolutely no sign. I have tested three times now. Twice with cheaper tests and once last night with a ClearBlue digital. Where is it?! And at what point do I book a doctor's appointment?

PerfectlyPosed Tue 07-Nov-17 13:48:02

Bump

NimbleKnitter Tue 07-Nov-17 18:13:05

If you are late and still getting negative tests you are almost certainly not pregnant.

Do you know you ovulated this month? You may be having an anovulatory cycle, which is totally normal

NimbleKnitter Tue 07-Nov-17 18:14:00

And you can book a doctor’s appointment, but all they will tell you to do is wait a few days and test again

PerfectlyPosed Wed 08-Nov-17 09:19:34

I have never not ovulated before. They have always been like clockwork!

NimbleKnitter Wed 08-Nov-17 10:20:33

You can try a FRER. They are more sensitive than the tests you’ve tried, but if you are late, then even those should pick up on a pregnancy.

It’s quite common to have the odd anovulatory cycle - without temping you wouldn’t know it was anovulatory, it would just seem like a late period

JoJoSM2 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:27:08

I'm not sure a doctor can help you. Your periods would need to be very irregular over a longer time frame. They might not be very interested in one late period.

The Clear Blue tests are very good so if administered properly, you should get the accurate result (first morning urine, pee in a container, time how long you dunk the test for etc).

MouseLove Wed 08-Nov-17 10:58:02

Unfortunately a doctor will probably just send you on your way. All you can do is wait. It’s probably certain that you’re not pregnant but probably having a cycle where you haven’t ovulated or late ovulation. Are you temping at all? Do you know you’ve ovulated? I know it’s frustrating but all you can do is wait it out now. Try and focus your mind elsewhere. X

PerfectlyPosed Wed 08-Nov-17 12:16:24

No, I haven't been temping yet. I will try an FRER and see if that picks up on anything. The thing is, I FEEL pregnant but not sure if that's just in my head.

ceejla Wed 08-Nov-17 22:28:48

I know this is an unlikely thing to happen to most people but I was pretty regular with my cycles, they lasted between 25-26 days and I got a VERY faint positive 11 days past period due day (tested twice the 1st time). I get horrendous ovulation pains when I ovulate so I knew an approximate time when that was too. There may still be hope smile

PerfectlyPosed Thu 09-Nov-17 07:51:58

Thank you Ceejla. I have tested again this morning and still nothing. I won’t get my hopes up but think I’ll leave it another couple of days and test again based on what you’ve said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now