Talk

Advanced search

POAS is driving me crazy!

(7 Posts)
LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 07-Nov-17 10:12:37

Hi! I'm new here. I'm 28 and trying to conceive my fourth. We started trying in May this year and got pregnant in June. I found out that I'd had a MMC at the end of August. I was dumbfounded. I always believed that if there was no bleeding that everything was fine with the pregnancy, I'd never heard of a MMC.
As soon as I'd stopped bleeding (finished bleeding by the end of the first week in September) we started trying again. I had a period on October 10th. AF is due today, no sign yet. I think I'm 10DPO. I poas this morning and it was BFN rolls eyes. I hope that I'm just testing too early. I don't know if it makes any difference but it was an ASDA test.
I know realistically we haven't been trying that long but I find trying to conceive...well...trying lol! We have been having sex every other day since the 15th of October. I know that, that's only like 10 times lol but when it's TTC sex, it can be a bit robotic. I mean, don't get me wrong, my OH is great but you know.
Do you think it's still possible for me to get a BFN this cycle?

LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:50:00

Sorry I meant BFP! Help!

anewjourney Tue 07-Nov-17 12:10:48

I would say wait a few days and if still no AF by then, then test x

LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 07-Nov-17 12:37:17

Thanks! x

Doublechocolatetiffin Tue 07-Nov-17 12:52:05

I’m sorry to hear about your mmc I had one in March TTC my second and it was awful. I got a bfn before getting my bfp as I’d tested too early, so give it a few days and see.

I completely understand the frustration though, we found TTC really hard after. Not much fun, lots of tears from me! The month I actually conceived I’d started taking evening primrose oil and Agnus castus, so if this month isn’t your month maybe try that. I really think it helped me.

LookingAtTheStars89 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:08:30

Doublechocolatetiffin I've been taking Folic Acid, Vitamin D and eating fortified cereal. What do the other things do?

Doublechocolatetiffin Tue 07-Nov-17 13:52:03

I’m not sure to be honest - I looked into it loads at the time but that was back in July! I think they can help to increase progesterone and balance out the hormones. All I know is that I’d spent 5 months ttc (previously got pg first attempt both times) and I had a really light period when I started taking it then got pg again. So I think it did something! There is loads about them on the Internet, you usually take it up to ovulation as it’s not good to take if you are pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now