Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if I’m pregnant based on my tests ...

(12 Posts)
AELLE7 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:14:33

Hello,
So me and my partner have been trying to conceive for a month and I am due on my period in three days but I was a little impatient ... First I tested with a Tesco cheap £3.50 test which came up negative and after five minutes or maybe even less, I threw it away. However I kept getting this niggling feeling so I went and fished out of the bin and low and behold there was a very faint but thin line indicating I was pregnant. Now this was yesterday so four days before my period was due. I read that this can be really common error with the cheap blue dye test so I wasn’t convinced.

Still I had a niggling feeling so I brought a fast and easy clear blue the next day and within the two minutes I could see a faint but clearly visible plus sign! I was excited and kept it for my partner to see but hours later the line has gone so faint I can barley see it. But it was clearly visible before and now I am worried I might not be pregnant after all! My breasts have been incredibly sore for days now which tbh could be my pms but it feels different this time!

What do you ladies think? Are faint positive lines never reliable? Xx

AELLE7 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:19:10

This is the pregnancy test. Photos quite blurry because I was shaking so much, so it was a lot more visible in real life.

HumpHumpWhale Mon 06-Nov-17 17:20:23

That's pretty clear. Congratulations!

mamahanji Mon 06-Nov-17 17:20:53

That’s not faint! Definitely a line

mamahanji Mon 06-Nov-17 17:21:07

Congratulations!

monkeyfacegrace Mon 06-Nov-17 17:21:51

That's not a faint line. Really it isn't.

Clear as day, you're upduffed.

Congrats.

AELLE7 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:24:31

Really? Aahhh I’m so pleased. Thank you. I really wasn’t sure but I read so many people say a faint line is still a positive ☺️ xx

bedtimepain Mon 06-Nov-17 17:30:21

Yes!! Def OP !!! Congrats

AELLE7 Mon 06-Nov-17 18:06:06

Does anyone know why the positive result almost disappeared hours later? Is it because I’m still really early in pregnancy and the hormone isn’t that strong? Xx

bedtimepain Mon 06-Nov-17 20:36:08

Some of them do that. Don't worry the hormone was detected! You are pregnant!

Wiggles9408 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:38:41

Most of the times is because your wee dries up so once it’s dry no hcg being detected the positive line can disappear - all mine did it and I have a 6mo currently asleep on my lap!

Congratulations I hope everything goes well!!! flowers

Lorddenning1 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:06:02

If I was u I would get a FRER just to be 100% sure, even though it looks positive to me x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now