Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC Again with a big age gap

(10 Posts)
emelsie Mon 06-Nov-17 16:56:57

Hi all, I'm not new here but generally just lurk and don't post.

Wondering if there are any other mums TTC again with a substantial age gap, around 7 years or more. My child is 9, would be nice to talk to others on how they are feeling , I'm very excited but also full of nerves that I don't remember having first time round!

Hope there are some of you in the same boat! be nice to share the journey.
xx

Stee1 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:04:45

My son is 8 and dp doesn't have any children we started in April pregnant by mid May but ended in ectopic we started trying again September although that was a failed month lol. My son is desperate to be a big brother x

emelsie Mon 06-Nov-17 17:29:29

Sorry to hear about the ectopic, that must of been hard. Aww bless him, my daughter sometimes seems ok with the prospect of a sibling other times she is dead against it, fingers crossed she will come round if it does happen though. You have any worries this time around? I'm so used to having a more independent aged child now , Im worried I have forgotten it all ! x

Waterfeature Mon 06-Nov-17 17:33:52

I’m suffering a MC. There would have been 6 years between the baby and DD. I was quite daunted but it would have been great for her to be a big sister. There are pros and cons of big and small gaps.

raybay1 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:35:52

So happy to see your post as in a very similar situation and fluctuate daily from being excited to very nervous about it all!!

Our daughter is 9 and we are ttc for the first time (our daughter was unexpected when we were quite young). I understand your nerves - making the decision to start again feels terribly scary...our life is so settled and we are happy as a 3 but I can’t help longing for a baby. Looking back I don’t feel like I remember any of it all!!!

Fingers crossed for you both! Xxx

raybay1 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:38:06

Sorry I hadn’t seen the other messages - im so sorry for your losses xxxx

emelsie Mon 06-Nov-17 18:56:29

sorry about the MC water, and yes definitely pros and cons in either small or big age gaps.

Raybay, exactly my situation, had our daughter unplanned when we were both quite young and has taken a while to get to the point in life where we are ready to plan number 2, its so exciting isn't it, just so many thing going through my head now that we are actually sitting down to plan it.
crossing my finger for you too! xx

Cupcakesandlove Mon 06-Nov-17 19:35:55

I don’t have more than one child. But I do have two elder siblings who are 10 and 8 years older than me.
Growing up to be fair it felt like I was an only
Child my brothers were in clubs and I was at home doing what 8 year old girls do.
They always had each other which was nice, I would of liked to of had someone close in age to me.
However as we are older and have children of our own we are very very close. From about the age of 18 we got close and now we’re all inseparable. I think it will be fine and at least your have a spare pair of hands! All the best x

Bubblegum89 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:36:57

Me. I’m 28 and have a 9 year old daughter from a previous relationship. Been ttc for a year with no luck yet. Hate that the age gap just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Funkyemzie Mon 06-Nov-17 20:40:05

My daughter is 10 and will be 11 if we conceive anytime now. She really wants to be a big sister.

We haven't told her we're trying as we don't want her to handle the disappointment if it never happens. We've been ttc for 6 months now, got docs app in the morning so hopefully might get some answers as I'm 36 now and OH is 42 in a couple of weeks so time is not on our side. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: