Talk

Advanced search

Gutted. They think I’m miscarrying.

(21 Posts)
TheCatsPaws Mon 06-Nov-17 16:48:49

I posted earlier about lines not getting darker. I went to the GP today to get referred to the midwives. They did a urine test and it was negative. A possible squinter, but very light.

This is after my first bfp 3 days ago. I showed them a photo of my home BFPs but mentioned they’re not getting darker. I’ve been told to come back on Friday but to sssume it’s a miscarriage.

Fuck.

I had a miscarriage earlier this year. I was so happy to be pregnant. Why is this happening?!

Millypad Mon 06-Nov-17 16:54:42

I’m so sorry. Xxx

TheCatsPaws Mon 06-Nov-17 17:16:59

Thank you. I feel so upset. X

Millypad Mon 06-Nov-17 18:58:29

Of course you do, it totally sucks. Whatever you do over the next few weeks, spoil yourself. You deserve it. (For me it was orange matchmakers and Gilmore girls xxx)

Caspiana Mon 06-Nov-17 18:59:17

Awww sorry OP, that’s so shit.

coastalchick Mon 06-Nov-17 19:13:01

there are no words. IT sucks and I wish I could make this not happen. Just hugs. x

TheCatsPaws Mon 06-Nov-17 19:16:27

DP wants to find out “what the problem is” before trying again despite the nhs not doing it for two. I don’t know what to do sad

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:31:38

How far along were you?

ClaryFray Mon 06-Nov-17 20:35:43

So sorry OP.

Ginmakesitallok Mon 06-Nov-17 20:38:36

It's shit. I had 2 mcs before dd2, there was nothing "wrong" as such, it's a crap thing to say, but sometimes mc just happen. Life's not fair.

Be kind to yourself.

Louise201710 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:41:36

So sorry to hear this, I had two MC previous to DD, it really sucks. Both MC were early on and we never knew why xxx

Wiggles9408 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:44:11

I’m so sorry to hear this op, wait for further visits and don’t get worked up. You’re right, the NHS won’t investigate until 3 mc’s sad after your first did they offer and internal scan to check everything? Sometimes this can help towards investigation. I am truly so so sorry, it’s one of the most heartbreaking things to happen but as previously said it does happen, it’s not fair but you need to take some time to look after yourself. Take care.

TheCatsPaws Mon 06-Nov-17 20:53:30

They did an internal but nothing showed up. I’ve had one healthy child so I’ve been told it’s likely unlucky.

I’m so upset. I have clinical depression and anxiety and I just feel like the universe likes to shit on me.

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:57:01

OP, I know you had your hopes up and now it’s upsetting as it’s come to an end so soon. However, chemical pregnancies are very common - some estimates put them at half of all pregnancies. So a lot of ladies have been though one. Good luck!

MouseLove Mon 06-Nov-17 22:52:46

Nothing showed up at all? Usually if it were an early miscarriage something should show? I’m sorry. I had a mmc at 10 weeks in February. I’ve been TTC 14 months now and I have no other children. Sometimes shit things happen. Please don’t blame yourself. It’s harsh but I have come to realise that beating myself up over things I can not control is not good for my mental health. I will not get things because I deserve them. It’s all luck. Please don’t be disheartened, be brave, you can do this and you can move on and try again. I’m wishing you all the strength and luck for the future. But he good to yourself, you need to be 100% loving yourself before you can make a baby comfy. X

peachesarenom Mon 06-Nov-17 23:00:58

I'm so sorry, sending positve vibes xxx

Wiggles9408 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:07:47

That’s actually a positive though OP that after your first, your internal showed no abnormalities. I know that doesn’t make things easier, after my mmc I blamed myself like I was faulty but that’s not the case, the painful truth is at least 3 in 5 pregnancy’s end in mc so you’re never alone and it takes your body and mind time to heal, I agree with other posters that you need to focus on yourself right now, things will get better in time I promise. Nothing we can say will truly take away the pain but know that you’re no alone, you have dp and hopefully some family and friends and you have mn if you need it. Please take care and don’t give up hope. flowers

midsummabreak Mon 06-Nov-17 23:14:14

Sorry you are going through this
💐flowers Its a rollercoaster of emotions, feeling hopeful -getting twinges of excitement- getting your hopes up, the joy of a positive pregnancy test, the awful angst of finding you likely are having a miscarriage. Do something really kindfor yourself while you are going through this

TheCatsPaws Tue 07-Nov-17 07:37:16

Thanks for the nice messages. I’ve got an assessment today so I will try to focus on it. I’ve got no pain or bleeding so I’m cautiously hopeful. If it was a chemical wouldn’t I have started bleeding now, 5 days after the initial bfp?

MouseLove Tue 07-Nov-17 07:46:45

It depends when in your cycle you got your BFP. Chemicals happen before 5 weeks. The sac forms around 5 weeks and anything after is usually classed as a miscarriage. Unfortunately since chemicals have different unique structures and are never really a viable pregnancies medical professionals don’t class them as miscarriages. Again unfortunately they are extremely common. Please try not to worry yourself to death at this stage, focus on creating a calming, warm and cosy positive environment around and in you. People can be wrong, and you’re so early that things may not be showing on a scan. Remember the egg is teenie tiny! Good luck. X

TheCatsPaws Tue 07-Nov-17 07:49:45

The scan I had was after my miscarriage last time, not this time. Sorry should’ve made that clearer.

Thank you. I’m trying to relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now