Talk

Advanced search

2-4 days late and bfn- why!!!!

(7 Posts)
powderbluerose Mon 06-Nov-17 16:08:15

I’m so pissed off. My cycle is usually 28-30 days, very rarely 30. I’m on cd32, no sign of af, Big fucking negative.
So now it’s just the fun waiting game for the bitch to arrive so that I can get on with next month.
How long do I leave it if it doesn’t turn up?!?

NimbleKnitter Mon 06-Nov-17 16:12:47

Afraid you leave it as long as it takes!

In an anovulatory cycle you have to to wait for estrogen levels to fall to bring on a period

Peanutty86 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:24:10

You don’t want to hear this, but I’m going to say it anyway:

You might have a fairly regular cycle, but by the way you write, you don’t know your cycle at all and posts like this kind of frustrate me because people can very easily prevent themselves from getting upset over BFNs every months if they were willing to learn a bit about their cycle.

There are 4 stages:

Menstrulal phase (AF time...)
Follicular phase (between AF and OV)
Ovulation
Luteal phase (between OV and AF)

Menstrual and follicular phase can vary A LOT. It can be from 10-100 days, it can be so different each cycle.
Once you ovulate, you will be in the luteal phase which usually varies from person to person between 10-16 days, but should never be more than 2 days off either way.
Only when your luteal phase is actually a day longer than the one before, you can say that your period is late.
How to know when you actually ovulate and your luteal phase starts? FAM. Fertility Awareness Methode. Taking your temperature every morning at the same time before getting up. Checking your cervix mucus daily...
It takes some time getting used to, but this is the only method you can practice at home which can actually confirm ovulation and if you’re actually late.

Getting pregnant is a lot easier when you know your cycle. I’ve come of. The pill in April and my cycles where all over the place, I practiced FAM to avoid pregnancy until our wedding in September and got to know my body and cycles and - BAM! Pregnant 1. Cycle TTC.
Be patient, read and don’t go on a rant because you think you are late - stress isn’t good and can be avoided so easily.

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Nov-17 16:50:50

Gosh peanutty, your tone is a shade unkind.

And it's not knowing your cycle that meant you got pregnant on your first month of trying but luck. Even doing everything right, a healthy couple in the prime of life still only have a maximum chance of 25%. You must be very careful not to imply that conception relies on knowledge and reduced stress. To the wrong audience, your post sounds very hurtful.

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Nov-17 16:52:56

Powder, the most likely reasons for a delayed period is delayed ovulation or not ovulating at all which happens occasionally.

They would expect you to miss 2 periods before intervening in any way.

Good luck.

powderbluerose Mon 06-Nov-17 17:13:40

@Peanutty86 seriously?

posts like this kind of frustrate me because people can very easily prevent themselves from getting upset over BFNs every months if they were willing to learn a bit about their cycle

You got pregnant through sheer luck.

You actually sound like you know nothing at all. There are numerous factors that affect the effectiveness of your ‘methods’.

Peanutty86 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:31:52

I know that there are numerous factors and that I was very lucky. However, I truly believe that knowing my cycle helped massively.
OP said she’s late when she might not even be, worried when she might not have to. I’m not wanting to offend anyone and am sorry if this came across wrong. In my opinion, a lot of pain and worry about where in your cycle you’re (you = general) at and why it’s a BFN when in reality it is way too early to test could be prevented. I’m just all for education instead of frustration. Yes, many people get pregnant without knowing anything about their cycles. I’m not trying to get anyone down, I was simply trying to help.
And I said what @ShowOfHands said, just in more depth and with recommendations and suggestions, aka helpful little things that helped me and that I am happy to share with other people wanting to get pregnant.
Saying goodbye here and wishing you good luck and a BFP very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now