Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting to chart

(5 Posts)
Justfred Mon 06-Nov-17 13:40:33

Hello,

We've just started TTC, about a month ago. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant now, my period is due in 2 days, and I've been thinking about starting to chart ovulation so we can focus on the right days.

Am I best off tracking my temperature or getting an ovulation kit. Or both?!

For some reason I'm paranoid that I'm not ovulating. I have no idea why I'm feeling this, probably just feel a bit out of my depth here. Would either of these methods let me know if I am ovulating, or does it jwork at show your body is trying to?

Thank you.

Justfred Mon 06-Nov-17 13:41:54

or does it just show your body is trying to

Peanutty86 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:38:26

I can 100000% recommend charting.
I use the app kindara which also has a community with some experts. Charting is the only way to confirm that you have actually ovulated (temp rise!).
There are so many pros, if you are really committed to getting pregnant, imho the most important part is to know your body.
For me, I a lot learned with charting when I was avoiding pregnancy. When we started TTC I used OPKs on top of FAM and got pregnant first cycle.
There is a book called taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler. It’s basically the ‘bible’ of the fertility awareness method.

Justfred Mon 06-Nov-17 16:55:59

Thanks, sorry what is FAM short for? I'm going to get some kits and a thermometer today! I'll have a look for the book too. There's so much to learn!

Peanutty86 Mon 06-Nov-17 17:21:23

FAM • fertility awareness method.
Make sure you get a body basal thermometer, normal ones are not reliable enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now